Subaru Impreza 2.0l sport S reg for sale offers welcome

Sjenkin

Runs like a dream never had any engine problems needs some tlc on outside sad to be selling but moving house and just don't have the time or money to get it back on the road has been garaged for the last 5 years viewings welcome

No tax or mot

Agree with above - its fine joining the forum to sell your motor but give yourself a decent chance get some photos up, what is the mileage etc

check out some of the other sales links for ideas on how to present your motor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shocked that coming to the Subaru owners club to try get rid of my scooby as there's people like you on here that just think it's a joke to be so negative! If a car is in good condition and awesome runner just coz it doesn't have mot it's worth £1 something you have some serious issues my friend! Shocked at the welcome I've had!

We're just being blunt and honest mate that's all !

Buying a car with no mot is a big risk , why isn't it mot'd is the question I ask , what will it fail on? Then you start getting ££££ and what's the car worth all tested and done £500 ?

Might be worth sticking a fresh mot on it you can ask more / not get shot down in flames

Sat for 5 years with no mot or movement is a larger risk than usual. Tyres could perish, oil and coolant would need changing. Fuel left in pipes would start to deteriorate. Gaskets will go brittle and sudden pressure would likely upset those. Belts will suffer too so they'd need changing. On top of that it's a classic non turbo so the market is miniscule as is. Scrap price is ridiculously low for cars at the minute. With all these risks before even viewing you'd be hard pushed to get any real value.

Nobody is here to upset you or have you feel unwelcome but I'm sure you'd rather the honesty than people lie to you and get your hopes up. [emoji5]

Nothing wrong with it had a bump few years back and I got new bonnet and bumper but couldn't afford to get it fixed so I put it in the garage my husband starts it every few months and it starts first time I'm not working at the mo so can't pay out for doing it back up I'm sad to be getting rid but trying to be realistic maybe I just sell it for spares then

yeah if you do the maths tho (roughly)

Car £400 

Mot £50

Service £150

Tyres x 4 part worn 16s £150

brakes will need doing £150

say some ancillary parts £100 

your getting a pricey sport 

You might get 400 tho for the wheels , Stereo, interior, and bits then just scrap the shell 

You might be able to sell it as a running Shell to a stock car person

yeah if you do the maths tho (roughly)

Car £400

Mot £50

Service £150

Tyres x 4 part worn 16s £150

brakes will need doing £150

say some ancillary parts £100

your getting a pricey sport

You might get 400 tho for the wheels , stereo, interior, and bits then just scrap the shell

You might be able to sell it as a running shell to a stock car person

Bodywork on top of that and any advisories.