New Subaru Forester Owner! I have some questions -)

Paul_JJ

Why Kill the car? I always used an aftermarket fuel filters, I can't justify paying a fortune for an original fuel filter, I'd rather change an aftermarket one every year!

What kind of OIL do you recommend of the gearbox and for the differentials????

You can find many european brands as well like Bosch, I'm not saying that it's better than OEM but 10 times cheaper and I'd rather change it more often, then keeping the original one for 10 years -)

What's important in my opinion is a good oil, especially or the gearbox and differentials hence the question above -)

• Like 1

I've read that it's important to choose the correct oil if there is an LSD gearbox and diffs, and I do have an LSD, also not sure if all the axles or just front of rear...

75/90 - synthetic or mineral and what brands???

Well the secondary fog lights are more for the look as they really don't do that much. The wiring is linked to the standard fog lights there is the same button to turn them on and the separate button FOG SELECT where I can choose which fogs to switch on, but they don't work all at the same time...

Not really, may be they would be useful combined WITH the standard fog lights at the same time, but on their own they're not very good. Also bear in mind that I haven't used them much... I would rather link them with the full beam, that would help for sure then -) Put it this way, I wouldn't drive just with these lights, without the headlights at all, even at slow speeds.

No idea to be honest, but at night I never use them, as the standard fog lights are way better -) I think it's rather a good looking feature, not very practical one...

Oh and do you know how to read the check engine codes?

Sorry mate been a bit busy,

Hopefully this works, but hard to see you need to stick your head in the foot well and look up, or take the panel off in front on the steering wheel

48285d50f725f9356a94c1d783457f9f.jpg

As fro pollen filter there's a few different shapes and sizes have a look at the black box under the glove box to see how big it is and take a rough measure of length and depth

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15597-Sf-cabin-filter-install

Great answers here!

So if I plug in the black ones into the green ones it will activate a test mode? That's pretty interesting, I wonder what would be the procedure for the gearbox...

Another question is - when you do diagnostics on the computer which car shall the mechanic choose, as there is no such models -) would it work with the Impreza? and if yes what model as there are a few of them!

Sorry mate for some reason never got the notifications,

The wheels may fit although you'd have to check the clearence on the discs,

As for the plugs you need to connect green to green and black to black, for diagnostic it's just one set can't remember but think it's black the check engine light will 'blink' out the codes if any,

No idea about the gearbox though,

Unless the garage your visiting has a subaru select monitor they won't be able to read any of the ecu