Well I bought it...

Troy

Good morning guys. A week or so ago I was asking advice about a potential buy, and here is what I ended up with...

It's a 2002 WRX wagon, in green, with a few modifications. I've always liked the wagons, they are more understated and practical. Don't get me wrong, I love a good STi with a massive wing etc, but something about a wagon just seems more fun. 

Anyway, this is my first Impreza, and even this one was perhaps a little bit of a stretch when it comes to affording it. However, it's been one of those cars I've always wanted, and now I'm scratching that itch. 

The car has had a few bits done by the previous owner in the last few years. It has been lowered 40mm on Apex spings, has pink injectors, a Walbro fuel pump and a Revolution turbo back exhaust with a decate up-pipe. It has also been remapped to suit these modifications. The car hasn't been dyno'd since this was all done, so not really sure what it's running. Previous owner estimated around 280bhp. Sound about right? 

So here are the photos. The wheels need refurbishing, but I thinkg I'll step away from the black, and I'm planning on painting the skirts. Besides that I'll just be tidying it up a little and enjoying it. 

22381130880_22e7f0fa05_b.jpg

22382215149_fc59e7cf6d_b.jpg

• Like 2

yeah that sounds about right really on the origional turbo! 

i love wagons, i have a proper estate fetish anyway! 

I'm with you there, estates seem to be doing it for me lately. 

That does look a tidy example - not many in green either

Definitely don't see many about in this colour. 

Right guys, I've been doing a little bit of playing today with regards to changes. I quite like the idea of orange wheels, and am keen to colour code the skirts. So using Lightroom I did a quick mock up. Thoughts...

22727915546_e0d75cafb3_b.jpg

I've also been considering white wheels, but the cleaning would become tedious. 

Hello and welcome. I too like wagons and have just sold my classic. I have a Forester however which is estate/wagon like. The green looks ace and wheel choice looks nice and niche. Stands out. Look forward to seeing it at a show with the rest of us if you like that sort of thing. Great bunch here. Lovely example.

The green looks rather sweet, definately feeling it. I would rather it on black wheels but dont shoot me for saying. Matts car ^^^^^ sits very polite on black but hes sporting a blue so to me ties in. Have you thought about gold or am i going right off the scale? Regardless beautiful looking toy!!!

• Like 1

Definitely have considered gold, but not so sure. Gold and green are both rather mustardy and bland together I feel. The black is fine, but it's all too dark as a whole, need some colour in there.

May play around with orange, if I don't like it I'll go back to silver or something.

Oh has anyone had a go at spraying their own skirts before? I'm tempted to give it a try to save myself some money. Can't cost much more than about £30 in paint supplies.