First Scooby and after advice!

Scooby-Virgin

Hi all

So I have just purchased my first ever scooby. It's a 2006 Hawkeye WRX. Totally stock with 77k on the clock.

The exhaust is the original and I want to keep the car resonably stock although am looking to do a few things. Can anyone recommend a good exhaust I could get and where from or does anyone have one for sale? Also will it fail MOT if de-catted?

I was also looking to add a dump value and and would appreciate any advice you more experienced scooby fans could give me.

Thanks

Wotcha and welcome - sounds like you have a well cherished example - but of course we dont believe you without photographic evidence ;) :D

Exhaust you have a few to choose from with varying cost and sound. From what you have initially said it sounds lihe the 'longlife' option might be good for you - stainless steel life time guarantee wont be too loud or can be made as quiet as you you would like. I cant remember if you have x2 cats on your motor so you may be able to remove one and be fine.

I would suggest though if you are looking at changing the exhaust - put in a hi flow (non oil) panel filter at the same time and get a rempa to match everything up - that way you will get improved mpg due to the engine performing specifically to the changes you have made.

Your car should have a recirc valve on it already so just change that for an external vent if that is what you fancy - forge do a quality item as one option

• Like 1

and does it get through the MOT with that without any issues? Also i have to be honest, i don't understand the different dump values as i know you can get a couple of types, obviously i want it to sound good without reducing the power or changing it too much. Your car looks great BTW

and does it get through the MOT with that without any issues? Also i have to be honest, i don't understand the different dump values as i know you can get a couple of types, obviously i want it to sound good without reducing the power or changing it too much. Your car looks great BTW

Depends on who you 'know' [emoji16]
  • Like 2

Welcome, nice example there. turbo smart do a nice Bov for these if you want a nice valve, bit pricey but a great chatter. Literally just have a look on eBay. As for exhaust it depends what you want really, some like a cannon as a tail pipe others more subtle, I would decide what look you want and start shopping. As for mot like stants says it does help if you know a person to HELP but these run clean engines anyway but with removal of cats and not having HELP I wouldn't like to guess the outcome.

• Like 2

For a dump valve... I would recommend the GFB adjustable BOV

http://www.scoobyparts.com/performance/gfb-tuning-products/gfb-respons-tms-bov

You can choose between full recirc, full atmo or any combination inbetween. Going full atmo has chances of causing issues, mainly lumpiness between gear changes due to the engine running rich because you've dumped all the air. I personally use this BOV and I have it set to almost 100% atmo. I found after a while of having it I was getting some lumpy gear changes, so I tweaked it a little so a small amount of air would recirc and it completely resolved the problem. The spring is adjustable as well so if you modify or rempa for extra boost, you can tighten the spring so it doesn't open too easily. A very versatile BOV.

• Like 2