MY08 wrx hatchback exhaust components - rumble

The second decat will not put a light on as I have it and have had no problems. That said I get it to over boost in second so will be getting a map soon as down pipe is done.

Friend of mine running a full 3 inch de cat with no problems so far without a map but I wouldn't recommend it.

Also his is crazy loud can here it streets away.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

• Like 1

Mine was silly loud wi decat in fact it sounded like engine was chewing itself so had a box put in much better nar

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You got a full de-cat then just with resonators?

i have a cobra sport exhaust,i went for the quad 3.5 pipes mostly for looks,if you want lots of noise go with a single pipe back box,mine has a nice noise out side car but inside you can not tell any diffrence from standed.i only have a cat back at min with no resinator in centre section as mot is here at end off month then am having the rest changed and getting some unexaul headers to give it the rumble that the hatch misses.mine is only a 2.5" pipe as i read their good for 350bhp ish and you only really need a 3" if your going to go crazy power.guys at cobrasport told me the same as well.all though 2.5 and 3" was almost the same price when i had mine made so i sometime's think i sould just have got the 3" anyway,but never mind :(

post-3285-0-99803700-1451588748_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Right so now after initially wanting something just a little louder I've come to my senses and I'm looking at the non-resonated cobra sport exhaust with 4" slash cut tip with 2nd decat, first sports cat and an unequal length manifold. Plus a remap as I fit each part.

Plus if I do it a section at a time perhaps my gf won't notice the volume increase. 0:).

Mapping each section in will cost an arm and a leg. You can get away with fitting the centre/rear without an issue. I only had one cat so I'm unsure about removing the second cat but with the first still in place I can't expect it to over boost too much. The remap would be to sort out the fuelling and control over-boost.

You'll lose between 10-15bhp going back to the unequal length.

He loose 10 15bhp but get it back n more with a remap n get the rumble.guess depends how much power you want end product to be.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Subaru changed to equal lengh on the hatch because the sump was a diffrent design on the 2.5 making more room then the 2.0,but if you change the hole exhaust and are havin a remap you may as well get a bigger turbo as well then 15bhp lost wont be missed if you get 300bhp or more and get the burble [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Very true but that may be a little out of budget for a bigger turbo any time soon. I'll have to pester my boss for a payrise. He drives a mk7 golf gti and moans every time there's discussions about tuning in the office as he knows if he tunes his he'll get no grip with fwd :P

• Like 2