Newbie scooby owner hopeful!

Gregolasos

Hi everyone, 

looking for information and advice on buying my first scooby looking for a nice classic STI 

looking forward to getting stuck in to the Subaru world, I've had a few cars since I was 16 mainly BMW's and Seat's so this is a big change :)

cheers,

Greg

Hello &welcome,

There's a buying guide in the faqs,

Like most cars really look for rust in the usual areas,rear arches especially with jap cars,

Knocks rattles & smoke on start up,

Although piston slap is common but it goes away when warm.

Just have a look at as many as you can as there are some right lemons around

10 hours ago, Gambit said:

Hello mate welcome to S.O.C had a few of your fellow island residents here :) one had a non turbo. He did say the decent ones aren't for sale :( 

But here's the bedtime reading Link

Yea I'm not suprised to be fair, the Island is pretty much an ideal playground for scoobies or evo's or anything along those lines!

• Like 1

indeed! sometimes, if your want to go to say spain or greece or somewhere like that, the plane tickets to get on and off the island cost more than the ones to get abroad! not to mention bringing a car over as you say its horrendous!

Last time I did the 5 day deal on the boat, wasn't too bad. Since they stopped flying from leeds it's the only option otherwise it's train foot/boat /taxis, friends used to live in Douglas so wasn't a problem but since the moved down castletown driving is easier not to mention soo much fun,

It certainly can be however I've just been looking at the boat today and to go over as a foot passenger and come back in a car is only £150 which is a very good price in my books! I suppose it depends on the time, like obviously school holidays are going to be dearer

• Like 1

I'd love to go over just to drive round it :) I see Guy Martins pulled out of the tt this year :( mind you not too shocked I know after his crash last year he said he's going to change what he does this year and have a year off.