2007 JDM TWIN SCROLL IMPREZA STI

mancanproud1966

Hi all,

I have had Subarus before and have located a very low mileage Impreza STI JDM 2007 with Twin Scroll turbo.? As all my cars have been UK Spec, I hold my hand up and say I know little if nothing about the JDM. The car is a 2 litre as opposed to 2.5 yet apparently is quick if not quicker than a UK Spec STI. I am aware of the problems with Ringland Failure on STIS, and this has put me off looking for a 'straight' , well maintained and Bullet proof 330S. Can anyone shed any light and advise pros and cons if any please.? Many thanks

Welcome. First off the JDM models are higher spec than uk models. The 2.0 in the jdm is a much much stronger engine than the 2.5. the 330s will have the 2.5 so can suffer the same ring land issues.

Between the two i;d bve all over the JDM like  rash where as the 330's i'd be straight in for a set of pistons. While they dont all fail despite what somepeople claim, there track record is not good and personaly i wouldnt want to risk it.