What can you do to a RB320...

Mick5994

Guys, not being from a Subaru back ground but looing at picking one up I'm wondering what upgrades there are for the RB320, ideally I dont want to go with things that havent got a proven track record......happy to push the car up a few BHP as long as the pack is from a reliable seller....

Will happily look at any sites that you could recommend, going to have about £3.5k to spend on it initially.

its quite the unit already and Simon may be along to comment having recently owned / sold one.

my 2p - new brake pads - EBC red or yellow

these mods are all for the driver that is a little more spirited / track orientated

research a remap to ensure fuelling etc all correct to avoid any high rev miss-haps, also I dont know if it is a drive by wire throttle but if it is you could be looking at flat foot shifting, launch control and down shift blips  ;) 

uprated coolant pump

uprated oil pump and sump baffle

make sure you have a budget available for rebuilding the engine if the engine hasn't already been rebuilt.

seems the 2.5s are renowned for piston ring failure..... you only have to do a google search to see that it doesn't even have to be an engine with high miles or be running silly horsepower for it do happen. head gaskets also seem to be a common issue too.

just food for thought.

its the one thing thats put me off the 2.5 for the time being