What do you do?

Scooby Pete

Just wondering what everyone does for a living?

Me I work for Sky as a Movies scheduler. I basically make sure the programmes run with on time with the correct voice overs, promos, logos and BBFC thingys.

I'll say now that I am not technical or customer services and I can't fix you're sky box, just unplug it and leave it 5 mins, plug it back in. If that didn't work call customer services :D

That may sound blunt but I get it all the time and wish I could help but I can't sorry :(

Also I don't personally know the "Evil Emperor" Mr Murdoch :)

Plumber by trade I did acops gas safety at collage passed that then they moved over to Corgi 2 weeks after I past and I never went back to renew it. And with all the health and safety now is a joke so I do work for myself but also labour myself out to other plumbers I know. But really I do all sorts. even cut grass for a little bit of beer money ;) But I do like the sound of your job Pete I will swap ;) 

Qualified as a brick layer when I was younger and worked for Britishwaterways all over tthe place for some years, cam out of that as lottery funding died so loads of people were laid off, I then went to work as a test technician at an electrical/computer factory, they made loads of stuff I know nothing about, some of which were sever circuit boards for lucent in USA, they gambled a multi million pound contract for new boards with them and lost the contract which sent the bust, so I got laid off again, but in the 8 months I worked there I stopped training as an amateur boxer, stopped riding a bike 23 miles each way to work as it was literally across the road and moved into the then girlfriends mum's, now mother in laws, cafe, every morning bacon butties, dinner was a full English and 2 more bacon butties then a greasy tea at night, I went to 19 stone of no muscle just fat in months and went back into construction, tried to do what I'd always done and broke my back, that's healed but left me with sciatica and I know have a prolapsed disc, soooo

I'm not working but as the wife's a nurse, currently student midwife, I don't claim benefits and I can do some stuff just not every day, I sometimes help my mate break mk2 gfs or every now and again get a car to break on the drive, I do some detailing here and there and some mechanic work here and there, I can do pretty much anything on a vw but subies I'm still learning bits and bats

farmers son by birth till i was 18 then went out to find my fame and fortune, and im still fekking looking for it. at the present im a plant operator, no i do not wear scrubs and amputate flowers or fix broken leafes. work mainly in aberdeen or surrounding area driving diggers from 3cx, ' ducks' up to 50t slew tracked machines.  i also do some bouncing at the weekends for some extra play pennies

'Records Management' posh title for Archivist or if you filter it down i'm a bloke in a van that delivers boxes of paperwork,

basically i do the whole lot, drum up business where i can look after 25000 boxes put them away scan stuff pull it and deliver it, invoice my customers and much more, believe it or not i work for a national company but i'm the only person within the group that does what i do so subsequently it could be so much better given a bit of investment but the main focus is on other things, at the end of the day it's a job i enjoy what i do and who i meet 

trained as electrical & electronics engineer in Navy left that and fell into IT & networks, went from one customer problem to the next and realised quite quickly technology wasnt the issue it was people, politics and money. Was with EDS when HP took over - lasted a year under the HP bumbling and went solo as a consultant - the issue with this is its like instructing someone how to drive a ferrari but never having a go yourself so am now looking for a perm position again which will allow me to roll up sleeves and get stuck in.

Design aircraft systems - currently working on a secondary power distribution system.  Was previously researching fuel cells for airborne applications, and prior to that served 23 years in the RAF fixing planes!

I'm a mechanic been qualified as a level 3 technician for 3 years started off on commercial then went to recovery work for the police now I run a garage which does all high performance tuning for jap cars. Also build group n rally cars for hill climb or time attack

• Like 1