Pharting noise

Brods

I am getting a pharting noise from a vacum pipe somewhere in the engine compartment. When you apply the foot brake the noise disappears. Any boy got any ideas which pipe is leaking. Thanks 

Sounds like your rear end pipe, if your going to fast causing you to make that farting noise (nerves) then when breaking it goes away, then your feeling save again which means no controllable pipe issues!!! PMSL :backofnet::laugh:

Might be worth opening the bonnet and accelerating on and off then you might be able to see where it's coming from, it was the only way I found my leak because I could see and hear it...... :happy:

1 hour ago, Scoobyghost said:

Is it only when you apply the brake or when you're coasting off the accelerator too?

It's when your driving normally. The noise is there not all the time but when you brake the noise disappears accelerate and it reappears. I am trying to find a local garage that does a smoke pressure test.