Dump valve advice

Hi all

New to this site and wanted some advice on pro's/con's of fitting a dump valve.

Before you say "not this question again " the reason I ask is because whenever I search for the answer for this, it seems to vary between different model/year of car.

So I am looking only for advice from people who have fitted a dump valve to a 2007 impreza wrx please. 

My current mods are full afterburner vortex exhaust including high flow sports cat. K&n panel filter and Ecutek remap

Thanks in advance

Hello & welcome

As you say it varies, classics dont really like them unless they have been accounted for in a remap,

New ages seem to take to them better, don't know if that's due to being a little more advanced ecu wise,

What type of dv were you looking at ?

May be worth trying it and see what the outcome is, some owners say the adjustable ones are best but others run stuff the the hks with no problems

Hi stants,  thanks for the reply

I was looking at the forge motorsport one on scoobyworld as it is not too dear at £135 and the sound rating is not too loud.

I heard the hks ssqv is very well made but not too sure if that would be too loud

I do like the sound but don't want something OTT

I was looking at the forge option for my STI - for all the good reasons, sound (thanks youtube)  build quality, it was a direct replacement for the existing one, you could have it as a recirc or VTA but also if I didn't like it I knew I could sell it on no problem because of it being designed to fit as a direct replacement no adapter plates or anything or issues with running / setup