Outback 2004 3.0 workshop manual

Rich_Brum

Hi guys,

I've brought my first Subaru today. A 2004 3.0 Outback. Had a lovely cruise back home in it up th M40. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

i have been searching for a physical Haynes manual or a workshop manual on eBay and Amazon but no joy. Apart from USA legacy version which will cost a bit to send over   

is there an online PDF version somewhere?

much appreciated 

Cheers

Rich : D

hi, Rich. have a look at  datamanuals . on tinter net, they are Subaru workshop manuals available to download(at a cost of course) . ive got a legacy est 3.0 rn I think it covers the outback but couldn't promise that

look at me profile pic , they are great cars

Rich_Brum - I just realised I sent you the owners manual. Probably little interest to you? I have the FSM on another pdf, only problem is it's 74MB so don't know if the site will allow this posting. PM me if you want me to try emailing it?

I

On 29/02/2016 at 3:25 PM, Greenmamba said:

Rich_Brum - I just realised I sent you the owners manual. Probably little interest to you? I have the FSM on another pdf, only problem is it's 74MB so don't know if the site will allow this posting. PM me if you want me to try emailing it?

I

I

I

I have the 2003 Legacy & outback service manual,   2005 service & body repair manual,  2003 tech refernce update manual,

I have them as individual chapters too if thats any help

Mart

• 1 month later...
On 28/02/2016 at 3:25 PM, Greenmamba said:

I

Hi - does this manual have clear pictures of where the jacking points are for a trolley jack please? My owners handbook doesn't seem to include this information. Thanks

I haven't checked the manual, it's over 6000 pages! I would use the diff at the rear, front there is a cross brace behind the sump and to which, apart from other things the under-engine cover attaches, which is what I'd use at the front.

• Like 1

Thanks...do you have pictures of what they look like. I sort of think I know but don't want to make an expensive mistake and see my car crumple lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

What is it you are intending to do? Working on or under a car supported by jack/s only is not recommended and you need to be confident of the securing points especially with trolley or bottle jacks (single point of failure).

Picture of front cross member (2 types shown). My car has the large frame, yours may be different. Regarding the rear diff - confirm you need a picture of what a diff looks like? 

Jack-up points.jpg