Custom ally header tanks ?

savage bulldogs

I've been pricing up some custom ally bits for my v1 at a local fabrication firm and after getting him to repair my forge header tank , he said he could make something of similar quality for about £100 .(forge ones are about £180 to £200 )

I know the v1 / v2 is different from the v3 / v4 but does anybody know if any other versions use the v3 /v4 ally header tank with the steel top? (As he could make a few of these too)

would anyone else be interested in one if he made some ?

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Yeah I was lucky enough to find a second hand forge header tank with a bit of damage to the bottom outlet pipe for £35 . So its gonna cost a tenner to weld a new outlet on it plus a bit of elbow grease to get it shiny again .

I've had a bit of input into the new design and added a different top mounting bracket. So we can use a couple of plastic spacers to lessen heat soak from hot coolant onto the inlet manifold where the header tank mounts .

I won't have a prototype for a month or so .I'll start with the v1 & v2 phase 1 as I can run this on mine and put it through its paces before anyone else buys one .

Just thought it could save us a few quid and smarten up our bays by replacing the fugly oe tanks without having to sell any of our kids to fund it [emoji4]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1