Looking for Advice on Injectors.

Impreza

Being a 92 it will have the wrx cams, so it might not make quite as much power but my 94 sti made 347hp on 440's with the standard fuel pressure and other supporting mods .

Cheapest option to get near your target hp would be second hand 440's ultrasonically cleaned .

I run nismo 555cc injectors (nissan injectors with a tab filed off the plug ) these are good for just over 400hp .

You can also get second hand phase 2 440's made bigger "cc" by Mark agin @ lateral performance but I'm unsure of costing

Either way your scoob will run a phase 1 fuel rail set up so phase 1 or 1.5 side feed injectors will be a straight swap but they can only be cleaned not modified (made bigger)

Phase 2 side feeds are easier to come by and can be modified but you will need "phase adapters " which cost about £ 40 including new "o" rings ,to make them fit your phase 1 rails

I will add that I've known 3 early classic gearboxes spit their dummy out at 330hp, so if you're definitely looking for 350hp it could get expensive at the limit of the early drive train .

As It cost me £1.5 k to upgrade to a stronger 6 speed [emoji6]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

I'll probably buy a walbro 255 just to be safe of no fuel starvation?, what fuel reg would I need?, I forgot to mention that I have a stainless exhaust manifold not to sure on the make tho, tbh anything over 300bhp will be quick enough, an safer if anything? so ill prob buy the 440's an get them cleaned, would you have the maf mapped out?

Quite a few people have gone for a alternative pumps to the walbro lately. I personally run a rcm pump but opinions differ and some use other brands.

Standard reg will be fine at that level of tune but I don't like anything running more than standard pressure unless the fuel lines are replaced / uprated on older cars.

if you want the get a adjustable reg I'd suggest a fuel lab one .

Most map out the mafs but I personally prefer the safe guard of having the extra sensor in place and I haven't had a early maf fail in 20 k /4 yrs .

I will be upgrading my early maf for a z32 one but I do run a apexi fc ecu (hasn't got a maf less option) and I'll max the oe maf at 360 hp ish on my next remap .

What route are you thinking of going for the remap ?

If it's esl daughter board I don't think the early v1 & v2 boards are capable of running mafless, so that only really leaves ackertek or big money syvecs to achieve a mafless running map .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

Running mafless can cause the engine to run rich on idle - great for cars spending a lot of time on tracks etc but not so great for a daily driver. If it is an ESL board particularly an original V1 I found out yesterday it would be better to upgrade to a newer one as you can do live mapping instead of flash wait run monitor tweak repeat.

Allegedly the early mafs are more robust than the later ones of 99/00.

Whatever you do decide with the injectors ensure they are matched as there are variances of the flow rates