best economy for gaining horses??

JoshKB

Hi just wondering if anyone knows the best powering mods to do on imprezas. I wanna spend money on bigger jumps rarther than 10-20 bhp for £300ish any help at all is appreciated.

8 minutes ago, stants said:

Does it have any upgrade bits on it already ? What kind of goals are you after in hp ?

well here is the fun part its got bits (i dont know) and bobs done to it but it hasnt had a dyno but I wanna be around 350 JM estimated iots running around 280.

If you want 350 expect to spend a good chunk of cash. To achieve that you'll need a bigger turbo, decat exhaust, new intercooler, fuel pump, possibly injectors(unsure for your model), remap. 350hp is also considered the limit of a 5 speed gearbox before it goes pop. Internals may also start to struggle if it's all still standard. With all that power you're gonna need to stop quicker and get round the corners so consider brakes and handling mods alongside.

Starting out on a standard car it's easy to get reasonable gains in power per pound but the higher you go the less hp/£. Someone with better knowledge of your model may pop along and offer better advice than I can.

Considering a lot of your car isn't stock anyways, Exhaust, the mapping, inter cooler, and alot more you don't even know about. You're probably well over 300 already.

I recommend a dyno run to see your current WHP with your de-cat on before you change it etc..

Have a rolling road session first and find out what you have got, and if it's safe

330-350 can be had for about £1k

your injectors are light blue 420's (max low 300 bhp), so would benefit from pink 550's - £150

VF35 or TD05 turbo (350bhp max) - £300

3 port boost solonoid - £30

big top mount (you might have) - £150

open source remap - £350