Race moments?

DallenWRX

I was with a friend of mine @JoshKB We pulled up at the lights of a dual carriage way and stopped, Behold a Focus RS I believe it was pulled up next too us.

Me being the friend I am i decide to roll the window down and give the guy in the RS the nod... I think you can evaluate what happened after that. (Josh decided he wasn't going to race, !Removed! i know?)

Of drove the RS into the distance pretty quickly, Popping loudly.. Fun times!

The wife had a people carrier with an older chap complete with flat cap go for it the other day problem was the road went to single lane and SWMBO was in the outside lane - need to get a turbo back on the drive as he almost won :blush:

Had a couple of the young local lads a couple months give it a bash , bit of clean stretch of road but police been watching it so I was going steady ( mate is a copper tells me these things ) 

Had a fiesta and c2 vts come past trying to engage in antics, they kept slowing down then accelerate off ... Few more miles you got a nice dual carriageway for 5 miles , just sat behind them at sensible speed .... Then I got bored 

dropped quite far back then selected 3rd and went for it , think I was hitting 1.4 bar in 4th pulling strong going past like standing still ...... I then let them catch up before dropping it again 

lesson learnt kids ..... Go jap and never look back 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, matt said:

Had a couple of the young local lads a couple months give it a bash , bit of clean stretch of road but police been watching it so I was going steady ( mate is a copper tells me these things ) 

Had a fiesta and c2 vts come past trying to engage in antics, they kept slowing down then accelerate off ... Few more miles you got a nice dual carriageway for 5 miles , just sat behind them at sensible speed .... Then I got bored 

dropped quite far back then selected 3rd and went for it , think I was hitting 1.4 bar in 4th pulling strong going past like standing still ...... I then let them catch up before dropping it again 

lesson learnt kids ..... Go jap and never look back 

Exactly, Jap is life.

I can't wait until I'm able to get a scoob, Insurnace is a bomb. 0-60's on kids left right and centre :2guns:

Had fun with everything from Bentley's, Audi, Bmw you name it. Ferrari 360 Modena  was my best time I recall.  I felt like I could take on the world for a full second :laugh: but it was good fun. Porsche had a play with two one 911 that wasn't up to it but was an older version he nearly crashed and a GT3 which was quick. 

Insignia drivers seem to be growing on my pet hate list of tossers on the road so much so I've nicknamed them Poor mans Audis, because round my area the two main cars that seem to come flying up from nowhere even when  you're just want to drive if I have the kids in the car say will sit on my bumper pushing are Audi A3 or A4 drivers and Vauxhall Insignia drivers. As you said about had a said driver overtake me doing about 60 in a 30mph I waited until I got out into the 60mph soon caught him up and he then proceeded to overtake dangerously. People like that annoy me :angry:

• Like 1

We have a probelm with the audi a3's teenagers seem to think a 1.6 non turbo is an adequate match in reality... it probably doesnt have half of the horse power I have but I hate getting on the dual carrige way its like everyone wants to race you???

Seams when you drive a scooby we all have a target on our boots and that every other driver wants to say they've raced and beaten a Scooby no matter what pile of dog pooh or super car they drive. Quite funny at times but more annoying most of the time. Hey ho wouldn't change it for a minute though love the scooby to much.:biggrin:

• Like 1

On 11 April 2016 at 5:18 PM, Sandals said:

Yeh I've noticed that as well in regards to Insignias... They've become worse than beemers!

ahhh crap...:-( have to admit i own a insignia as my daily :-(....and before that was a BMW Z3 3.0.....dammit....lol

23 hours ago, Fastboy67 said:

Seams when you drive a scooby we all have a target on our boots and that every other driver wants to say they've raced and beaten a Scooby no matter what pile of dog pooh or super car they drive. Quite funny at times but more annoying most of the time. Hey ho wouldn't change it for a minute though love the scooby to much.:biggrin:

Exactly  :angel_not:

10 hours ago, LarryR said:

ahhh crap...:-( have to admit i own a insignia as my daily :-(....and before that was a BMW Z3 3.0.....dammit....lol

/Ignore Larry :clap:

5 hours ago, Sandals said:

You at least use your indicators right? RIGHT? :D

haha yeah i do use them i get wound up by people who don't! thank tech for dash cams! for the close cals! 

• Like 1