Power run

MJP02

So 3 weeks ago I booked my wrx (02 bug) in for a power run to give me an idea of what has been done to it and see how the engine is holding up. I got there (Scooby Clinic) They booked me in first thing as they had a club RR day which I thought was good of them, as soon as my car was drove into the garage they stopped and said they could run it but no point as they could hear the up pipe blowing. Now me being an ex mechanic I was annoyed I missed it but never worked on or heard the boxer engine up close so I chalked it up to the learning curve and booked her in for a replacement.

Yesterday (Saturday) I got there and they swapped it out and while it was on the ramps got them to do the diff and gearbox oil swap. 4.5 hours later she is up and running and being strapped to the rolling road. The Mods so far as I know was a SS unknown exhaust mid section and back box (new up pipe), K&N panel filter a 255 walbro pump and that's it.

To mine and the technicians surprise she made 255.5 bhp this is with the downpipe cat still in place and no ecu tinkering as I was aware of.

The afr  showed she was running a little lean of full chat so I'm now saving to get the decat down pipe and a remap.

Just thought I would share my little bit of joy 

Dyno.pdf