Help on a uk300

Hi everyone.

I've just bought my first Impreza!!

Its a 2001 WRX UK300. Being a limited edition car I need some wise advice.

I am going to be doing some necessary work on the car, it needs new brakes, some cosmetic tweaks and the underneath wax oiled.

Would it be better to upgrade the brakes to the bigger STI's brembos and thus needing different alloys to fit them, or would it be better to keep the car as original as possible?

Also the headlights are not the original rally style headlights. I have tried to find the originals but they are extremley hard to come by. I was thinking of fitting the bugeye STI headlights but dont know if that would be worth spending the money on different headlights to the originals.

What would be the best course of action to take?

Thanks

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome!

Car looks tasty!  

The calipers and discs are a nice upgrade and can be found for £500-600 ish, example below.  Your discs are 294mm and you'll go to 326mm :smile:.   Id keep the wheels and get some spacers, I think 5mm should be ok but hopefully someone can confirm for sure.  That way keep it looking original!  Maybe look at some alternatives longer term.  My Rota's clear fine. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-FRONT-4-POT-BREMBO-BRAKE-CALIPERS-DISKS-WRX-STI-22B-P1-JDM-TURBO-/252390030476?hash=item3ac39e3c8c:g:xcwAAOSwxfNXN4Za

Not sure about head lights but Im sure someone will have some advice.

Hope you enjoy the forums :punk:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

You will have to tell your insurance company if you do go for spacers. I see on this forum recently some insurers were refusing to cover the car with spacers.

Yep, my bad. Tell your insurance company about the brakes too and everything else you may change, performance enhancing or not.  I've forgotten in past until someone's said.

4 hours ago, GeoffLeggy said:

Yep, my bad. Tell your insurance company about the brakes too and everything else you may change, performance enhancing or not.  I've forgotten in past until someone's said.

Yup that was me with Hastings, their selection menu of modifications does not include spacers so they would not offer a policy if they were fitted. Adrian Flux would though.

• Like 1