Free services

Rizmo

My XV is jut coming up to a year old, so time for a service. Phoned dealer, spoke to service reception and started to book car in. "Did you buy this car from us?" "Yes" "Can't find it on the system - which model Toyota is it?" Ah, we have a problem - apparently, the Subaru part of the dealer has closed down, but they will service the car as some Subaru mechanics have transferred. He asked if I had a service plan and who with, so told him that all Subarus sold round then had three years free servicing as part of the deal. Have you proof of this? Er, no. Seems like I might have to pay and claim back from Subaru. More likely I will have to cancel booking and find a Subaru dealer elsewhere. 

Very helpful lady at Subaru HQ advised on using a Subaru dealer for free service, as seems only they are authorised to do them, and found nearest ones for me. Handy as I can also get bodywork check and any software updates done at same time. Booked in for Monday at Archway in Findern, near Derby. Just need to get up early to get there, as A38 is a swine that time of the morning! Will take the dog, so we can go walkies while we wait.

I've found Subaru UK to be very helpful. After all the arguments with my dealers about airconditioning I contacted Subaru UK who just phoned the dealers and told them to stop messing about and fix it. Goes in next week now.

good to hear you've had a result