Cars on the green @ bury St Edmunds

savage bulldogs

My local forum has a stand for 25 cars @ cars on the green in Bury St Edmunds and I said I'd chuck a link to the thread on here .

http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/forums/forum/events/future-events/authorised-sc-events/772503-cars-on-the-green?_=1463505704493

It's a free static car show which had over 20k people turn up to have a wander around the stands last year . I will admit other than food ,drink and 3 trade stands there's not much to do other than dribble on the wide range of motors.

But hey its free and not much is now days [emoji41] so if you're local and interested sign up on scooby city and get your name down .

All the best Clive

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this clive and spent a few hrs cleaning under the bonnet and my fingers are worn to the bone lol

Looks better than it did but not a patch on your beasty so my bonnet will be shut lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that your starting to give the bug some love Garry .

I'll probably have the bonnet up as it draws people's attention away from the 22yr old paintwork .

Marty, as long as your not a engine revving maccy d's car park merchant, you'll fit in fine .

There's no inter club competition, just a bunch of petrol heads having a look at everyone else's pride n joy .

Only thing I would say is there's not a great deal to do other than look at the 1k ish motors parked up . I mainly go cos , It's only 30 mins away from me and it's free .

Well s.c put a fiver in per car to a cancer charity but that's by choice 😉

• Like 1

Your motor is lovely clive and under the bonnet is very very nice and I want to park next to it pretty please lol [emoji106] [emoji2]

Ive seriously fell in love with the bug now and as u no I wasn't sure about anything as my head was spinning and being so out of my depth put a damp squid on it but im back big time [emoji41]

Think u no im no revving macy'D kid and at the ripe old age that I am I think of MPG not MPH [emoji102] [emoji2]

Be my 1st meet/show and look forward to meeting the rest of the crew and to have a wander around looking at other cars so bring it on [emoji106] [emoji41]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

DSC_0304_zpsqjkkg8nr.jpg

Didn't take many pics at car on the green but it was a cracking day out .someone else took a few but unfortunately I'm to knackered to work out how to share the whole album off photo bucket .

I'll try to sort a link to the full album tomorrow lol

This might work http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/rob-stopper/media/Cars%20on%20the%20Green%202016/DSC_0297_zpsel84qdbb.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

• Like 2

My mate built that a 558 bhp classic which I posted a vid of a while back . He had a build thread on scabby net that was pretty good too .

the evo did look a little outta place wedged in between the scoobs

355fede704fee0402aa408b35fc9c226.jpg

71cb5ba1a50dca32b3982b95d52f61a5.jpg

But I appreciate most rapid motors regardless of marques . The p1 was probably the quickest car on our stand seeing as it's running 470hp/ 450fbls [emoji7]

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not keen on those rims or the stretched tyre look either. as I'd always be worried that they'd pop off the rims when cornering hard but as you say each to their own with cars n modding [emoji106]

• Like 1