Am a newbie haha but please help me lol

Jdawg

Hi 

I am new to this forum stuff but got told it was helpful to find out advice from other subaru owners.

I have a impreza 2000 uk turbo and i can get my.wheels off cause i dont have the special jey to get it off.

Any advice?

Thanks 

Hello & welcome,

Do you mean it has a locking wheel nut , If so dealer fitted or aftermarket? You can get replacements but you could also take more 'hands on' approach if it would take too long

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi thanks

Yeah the locking wheel nut. I did have it but lost it, it is the factory wheels that came with the car.

Just want them off if i can get a key to get them off but if not just replace them if possiable

Mecka i cant get to a garage with it cause it is on a sorn so i have to do it myself. Scooby1972 does that mean i need a new set of locking nuts for the car? 

Wotcha and welcome - as above either get it to a dealer and they can identify which nut you have and then supply a key or sort a tool yourself. Worst case scenario I had before with over tightened wheel nuts was an angle grinder through the alloy

Welcome!

I've not used a removal kit before myself but yes you would def need new lockers once you've got them off.   Then you can choose what ones you want. I'd go for someone like mcgard, this is what I have.

20160607_071851.png

• Like 1

Gambit and Mecka have the best idea, spend £30 on a removal tool then just buy some new locking nuts. You'll only need the 1 set of 4 nuts to replace the locking nuts and can still use your original wheel nuts.

Yeah you all yous arr right about about the removal kit. Much apperiacted. Going to just buy a new set of locking nuts this week.

Will defo be using this site again :)

• Like 1