Impreza GX estate shocks

Haribo

Hello all :)

I have a 51 plate Impreza gx estate - owned it for a few years and it's been great. Just failed her MOT - needs two rear shocks which seem to be around the £110 mark each. Seems silly to pay that and I've always fancied lowering it anyway. Is it worth trying to get some cheap coilovers for about £200? Can anyone recommend a good place for some 2nd hand rear shocks instead of new? Do the same shocks / coilovers / springs fit the estate and saloon / turbo and non-turbo? Just trying to weigh up my options and some expertise really wouldn't go a miss!

Thank you!!!!

You can get a pair of KYB for about 150 or less & pair Optimal about 140 or less . eBay will have them as pairs.

I wouldn't bother with cheap coilovers, they are a downgrade on a road car. if serious on lowering get a quality lower spring set go with it
You could go with some used turbo stuff but I wouldn't bother unless super cheap .

Mr B - thanks! So are they the same shocks / springs as the non turbo then? And also saloon and estate? I wasn't sure if it was all the same - so any bugeye suspension bits would be fine - they don't have to be non-turbo / estate specific? 

Thanks again. 

they not same but fitment same (even forester struts can be fitted), you want stick with estate/wagon as rear spring rates are different .

I personally would go new KYB & if want lower it get some 25-30mm lowering springs with slightly increased rates.

There is a difference identifiable by the pcd of your wheels when looking at coilovers, as I think the later newage sti's have a larger hub.

Yours will be 5x100 so bugeye wrx and STI will fit, blobeye wrx (not STI) and hawkeye wrx (not STI) will also fit.

is there that much difference in rates for a wagon?