OH what have I done (hahahahaha)

sarahay

Hi - scooby newbie here.....

So Im picking up my new car on Saturday - Driving from Aberdeen to Manchester and back again.....:yawn: 

Its a Cyprus import which has had the 330S (PPP) put on as an aftermarket Mod (after much discussions between Subaru and the Car company who has the car) its a 2008 model. and although Im looking forward to it, Im now a little apprehensive to living with the beast for the next few years......

Needing advise as to how I can check that the FULL PPP has been installed including the upgrades (seen on here that the 330s are less likely to have failure on them)

Thanks and Ill get some pics up as soon as I can - they say once you go black you never go back?!?!?! :laugh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

has it got a certificate with it? only real way to check is check all the parts are installed and check the ecu has been done on a dyno.

No cert with it as only UK 330s would have this, as this was a Cyprus import (although still classed as UK spec due to EU), Subaru have said there would have been nothing issued to prove of the modification done.  Spoke to Prodrive themselves and they have said that yes they do install these Packs on STi's although they would have to go through a dealer as they don't deal with the public, if that makes sense.

So as far as I can tell the only things other than the performance - which Im gonna get checked when I get it home - is the sat nav, key less start stop, the exhaust ends are meant to be bigger, different seats (Recaro - half leather) and a badge on the outside & the wheels - there is not a lot to distinguish between the models....

sorry but after spending over 10 years messing with scoobs i dont believe anything unless its in writing! people lie thro their teeth or plain dont know!

no proof no mod (unless its visible) 

Also i chuck all mine on a rolling road for a health check (beings you have a 2.5 i would do that sharpish)

18 hours ago, matt said:

sorry but after spending over 10 years messing with scoobs i dont believe anything unless its in writing! people lie thro their teeth or plain dont know!

no proof no mod (unless its visible) 

Also i chuck all mine on a rolling road for a health check (beings you have a 2.5 i would do that sharpish)

yeah, does happen. dyno will show what its running though.

Also a compression test would be a good idea for piece of mind

OK so I went down and bought it......drove it home and it seems fine (although in for a quick service and serious wheel alignment required)

Can anyone advise if the clutch being high set (so to speak) is normal - as in my foot is pretty much off the clutch before it bites - or could this be the signal to a clutch about to go?

Im already up to my eyes in debt over what I want to do to it hahahahahaha but want to make sure its running sound first - do you guys have any things I should keep an eye out for or be looking or listening for?

Thanks

57 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

Could be just a high biting point or could be a worn clutch.

Keep an eye on fluid levels, especially oil, i check mine every 200 miles or so.

Every 200 miles?? Ive just done 600 miles taking it back home :ohmy:

• Like 2

My friends X reg Impreza sport special has a high biting point, but it also has a hill holder system which keeps the brake applied when the clutch is down, so you are using the clutch and brake with just one pedal. Just before biting point the brake is released, so I'm guessing the pedal is meant to be quite high :)

11 hours ago, Mark D said:

My friends X reg Impreza sport special has a high biting point, but it also has a hill holder system which keeps the brake applied when the clutch is down, so you are using the clutch and brake with just one pedal. Just before biting point the brake is released, so I'm guessing the pedal is meant to be quite high :)

Yeah mines is the same - thanks for that.

On 7/19/2016 at 11:20 AM, sarahay said:

Every 200 miles?? Ive just done 600 miles taking it back home :ohmy:

check it then,,,,, hahaha 

oil use is a sign of problems, so keeping an eye on it will mean you can spot the problem so limit the damage. Subaru say 1L per 1000 is the limit at which there is a problem, but by the time its using that much then the engine will be in serious problems.

Wotcha and welcome - The PPP changes for your model were a Prodrive back box and a map as the back box was apparently less restrictive. Prodrive was stamped on the x4 end cans so should be easy to tell if it is genuine replacement.

Whilst the PPP map will help against potential ringland failure I would still recommend a specific remap for your motor as the PPP one was generic.

My 330 didnt lose much oil between changes so if you start noticing a significant drop its worth getting it checked out