Interested in a Subaru WRX STI Hatchback

Hey guys, so I think my next car is going to be a WRX STI Hatchback so thought I'd join the fold so that I can do some research on the car. I currently have a Civic Type R FN2 Championship White edition that I just bought 3-4 months ago, and whilst its a brilliant drivers car, it doesn't have low end grunt that I now crave. Obviously, I knew this from before, but I had never owned a VTEC car but have now ticked that box so now to move on to a forced induction jap car. I used to have a Mitsubishi Colt CZT which I had remapped to 206hp which was epic and super light and may buy another one day as a weekend, stripped out toy, but thats another convo. Anyway, here are some pics of my current beauty:

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_1026.jpg

DSC_1101.jpg

DSC_4575.jpg

DSC_4576.jpg

DSC_4578.jpg

DSC_4582.jpg

Haha thanks, it doesn't take too long to hit vtec ;) Also, the limited edition has an lsd so its awesome in the twisties.

Ahh the v8 was a monster, I had the resonators removed and the exhaust sounded like thunder! 

Budget wise I'm not too sure, ideally a px with cash towards the hatch to avoid the headache of people calling/tyre kickers and its just had a £425 service with nearly new super sports tyres. However, not in a rush as i don't want to make a costly mistake.

Also, I need to save a little for a car budget, my daughters nursery fee in unfunded months costs £618...ouch

• 2 weeks later...

Wotcha and welcome - Love a hatch me - there are some nice examples out there. There are issues with ringland failure on the 2.5 lump, Jap imports have a 2.0 and dont suffer the same so look for, at the very least an aftermarket remap, has been done along with service history. Subaru do a patch themselves and I had Subaru confirm the same modified parameters were included in the PPP pack I had on mine however some 330s and PPP pack owners have suffered so put by some money for a quality RR and ECU map if it has not been done