Airflow Sensor??

Jaydubz

Hi all, I bought an 02 plate Bugeye Wrx last week as I've always wanted a Scooby. It does need work done to it but I wanted her as a project. So. Bought and fitted a cold air induction kit but on start up car runs rough at idle, also on the road it is rough and lumpy but when turbo spools all is ok. I put stock air box back on and car was ok. I opened the lid on airbox and immediately the lumpy idle started again. I think possible faulty Airflow sensor. What do you guys think/suggest? Has anybody had this type of problem before?

Cheers all, Jay.

Welcome Jay!

Its not uncommon for them to run rougher with an induction kit, mine does.  It screws with the maf unless you have it mapped to suit.  The general consensus is stick with the standard airbox and uprate the panel filter.  You wont be disadvantaged doing it that way either, you just wont get the induction noise etc that an induction kit gives you.

• Like 1

Tis an a-r-s-e for sure, I put a short ram on my blob, the sound of the turbo spoolin was just mesmerising, and off the line the car had massively more power that was really short lived like a mini powerband, but... It had a really lumpy idle and just would not rev out, put romraider on it and it was pulling timing all over the place due to running lean , not good ! 

If it's a top end kit it's supposed to be OK as they are meant to not screw with fueling but I defo think they all should be mapped for tbh

Just remembered what I did next for more noise, after I took the short ram back off, I drilled loads of one inch holes in the bottom part of the standard air filter box...... That didn't work either, messed up the running again so had to buy another air filter box lol

Cheers guys. Yeah it was a short ram I put on mine, made her almost un drivable. Sounds awesome on boost tho 😆.

However I do not want to screw up my beloved Scoob so its back to stock box for now. At least I still have the beautiful sound of that flat 4 to listen to 😉.

What other mods have you guys done (that worked)?. Cheers Jay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

Cheers guys. Yeah it was a short ram I put on mine, made her almost un drivable. Sounds awesome on boost tho 😆.

However I do not want to screw up my beloved Scoob so its back to stock box for now. At least I still have the beautiful sound of that flat 4 to listen to 😉.

What other mods have you guys done (that worked)?. Cheers Jay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

decat, refit ind kit if you want and map would be a good start point