1st impreza

Wulbur2000

Hi people not long bought my first impreza turbo 2000 very nice car looking to pick ur brains im after front shocks and springs and a starter motor someones done a diy job and took top level off spring in the hope of lowering it the rides shocking and very poor handling apart from that what a machine very happy thanks all 😉

Defos be nice to get it all working properly thanks sb before starter motor startered playing up was having problems starting it up was taking two three plus times to fire up took off all earth points and sanded them for good ground and took Battery off for a bit seemed to work well a bit better then i checked my Battery and alternator voltage they were fine cleand coil pack connections to ht leads to then checked power to the crank sensor read 0.00 so found one reason but would fire some times and not at all is it normall for the wiring loom to be in between intercooler and manifold now theres a knock from engine wen trying to start asuming its a failed starter but starts first time with a bump start then squeaky belt pretty sure its the power steering belt 😬

What year / version is it ?

As I've got a few pics of the engine loom attached to a v3/v4 inlet manifold.

Search for the thread for " classic ecu self code check function " in the tech section on here . As and codes should be stored and you can read them yourself in a sort if morse code flashing of the eml light [emoji6]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

My friends starter done that, would give some knocking noises. Looked like a bit of metal chipped off the casing that held the 'spinning bit' in on the 'pointy' end of the starter, causing the 'spinning bit' to wobble

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark D said:

My friends starter done that, would give some knocking noises. Looked like a bit of metal chipped off the casing that held the 'spinning bit' in on the 'pointy' end of the starter, causing the 'spinning bit' to wobble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lols, sounds like me explaining  summat to the wife haha

• Like 2