Fog Lamp not working

suedoyle

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can give me any advice please?  My fog light isn`t working, and apparently it is not the bulb or the fuse.   Local garage have spent time stripping panels to check wiring but no joy so far.

Any suggestions please?

My car, which I have had from new, is a 1994 Subaru Legacy Estate, much loved, and also pulls my horse trailer!!

Thanks.

I would have said wiring too. And with everything else checked I can only say a resistor has gone faulty. :( But I would have thought they would have looked at them by now. I had a problem with my full beams coming back from Goodwood One of the resistors had gone rusty and stopped them from working. Other then that I'm not sure. Everything I can think of is all down to the wiring 

No problem hope it solves the problem :) I take it they have tested that the live is getting to the light if it is then it has to be earthing wrong mine was from the resistor. I've earthed it to the car now until I can get a new one :) 

As Gambit says - check and see if there is indeed a live feed when you turn them on from the dash switch - if that is the case then rig a temporary wire from the earth side of the bulb connection and find a different earth on the car.

The in car switch could have worn contacts as well... but that will be confirmed if there is a voltage present when switched

• Like 1

Jay said what I should have said :) I have a problem I know what I mean in my head but nobody else does ;)

Mate I think what goes on in your head is best left a well kept secret, particularly when there are ladies present :lol:

Chuckling as I read, thanks guys, will let you know the outcome when I tackle the garage again - dread to think what the bill is going to be but at least I can ask the relevant questions now!!  Thanks again.

• Like 2

I had this with my fogs on the classic, one side worked the other didn't, turned out it was the connector from the car was corroded.

I doused it in vinegar left it fora a bit then washed it out with wd40.

"Bingo" I know Sounds odd but it worked a treat.

• Like 2