My 2017 WRX STI.

RichieT

Well I traded in the lovely XV with 12000 miles on it, after two years and ordered this 2017 WRX STI. My local dealer had sold all the 2016 models so they had ordered a WR Blue 2017 demonstrator which they kept for me. I'm really well impressed with it. I'll never miss chance to post some pictures.

Big thanks to the lads of  http://www.eagleshamgarage-subaru.co.uk  for all the help, advise and service. 

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1364%202.jpg

IMG_1363%202.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sandals said:

Very nice! I'll check them out if I ever feel the need to upgrade to a newer model!

This is the first STI I have had so I can't pit agaist an older model. The reason I have this STI is due to the heritage of the STI as I think they have all looked great throughout years. 

2 minutes ago, RichieT said:

This is the first STI I have had so I can't pit agaist an older model. The reason I have this STI is due to the heritage of the STI as I think they have all looked great throughout years. 

Agree completely... I don't think Subaru have ever made an ugly STI :D

• Like 1

On 2 October 2016 at 10:25 AM, dgarside said:

Looks amazing, but then I am biased I have exact same 2014/2015 model :-) any idea what the changes are from 2014 to 2017 model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechanically not a lot has changed on the STI in years I guess. One of things that was changed from Mark Higgins 2014 TT lap record was the steering. This now has less turns from lock to lock after this big near miss.    

In addition to the steering being tweeked Subaru have also fitted a D shaped steering wheel which feels really good and easy to handling. It feels good.

Changes to the Subaru Starlink Infotainment system which includes voice recognition. It also has the keyless access and start system installed, so you dont use a key in the ignition, you just need to have it in your pocket and you can open and lock the doors with your fingers, and use the push button start.  

I think that is everything. Same car effectively but just a little more refined with extra touches. I hope this answers some of your questions. 

Richie. 

Yes, and he continued talking after it as if it had never happened. (Quote) The biggest moment of my life (Unquote), and you would never tell from his calm voice. 

You can see in the small screen how frantic his arm movements are trying to save the spin. The 2017 STI has benefited from this.