Hello

Welsh Chris

Hello Everyone

I'm new to the forum and to Subaru's, having been a land rover man for a long time but I always fancied one and needed a big car so have bought a 2000 outback.

Hope its not too rude to throw a question in straight away.

I paid very little for the outback as the gearbox needs work (manual), I was going to strip it but got offered a low mileage replacement, only trouble is I'm unsure on the code.

my box is J5-TY754XFACB the box I've been offered is HV-TY754VRAAB.

I've scoured the internet and looked at pages of codes and cant find a TY754XF or TY754VR listed anywhere.

could anyone shed some light on if they are compatible.

Thanks everyone, sorry to ramble on.

Chris.

f5b5fd5889be11aeadb2431967833b8c.png

Going from what people wrote on eBay on the compatibility side, the box being offered which matches most of the code is for a 2.0 Impreza, the box I found that matches most of your code says compatible with a 2.5 legacy.

Don't know if that's any help or not but such a pain to search for! (Especially when I entered in the wrong code 70% of the time!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Mark D said:

Tried to do a search for you

c37c191b66a54c399a38b4e44f7fcbfc.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha :laugh: Best hope the missus doesn't check your history 

If you give Martin a ring at Sheffield Subaru services he might be able to help he helped me with a gear box and got me a stronger one that worked great. 

Hi all and thanks for the welcome.

mark D... Thanks for your efforts, especially the first one (made me wonder if I had signed up to the wrong forum for a moment). Subaru gearbox's are somewhat confusing with the amount of code variations. I'm LED to believe, perhaps incorrectly, that the gearbox on the 2ltr impreza is geared differently and would require a rear dif change.

The only problem I have is it wont stay in 5th which I know is most likely just the main shaft nut but as its been driven held in gear I cant rule out other damage. Anyone have experience of this?

Chris.