2010 sti 330s engine problems??

Yes getting the block honed properly and larger diameter head studs with a closed deck insert is the only real way to do it. "Properly" I would personally never use drop ins unless the engine is brand new , and it will prob still sound like a machine gun afterwards

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

I've been running an 08 STi Type UK (Prodrive map to 330bhp) for about 4 1/2 years, it's serviced every year has an oil change every 5k Miles. Standard under the bonnet except for pannel filter and I have had no problems what so ever (touch wood). Previous owner was a lady driver (I only mention this as I don't belive she had ever ragged it) . I know the dealer it was originaly purchased from and all the service's were carried out by them up to the point I took ownership of the car and I spoke to the service manager who checked the history of the car for me aswell.

It seems to be luck of the draw, although I would say if its been ragged then the chance of issues are greatly increased.

My only advice would be to keep up the services in the book and don't rag it (Spirited driving is Ok though :)) to reduce the chance of either HG or Ringland issues.

• Like 2