2014 WRX

Neilj

Hi

I currently live in Australia and really like the look of the current model wrx (not the STI version).  The appeal is for a few reasons - the more understated looks, more modern engine and my fear of driving something insanely fast.  I return to the UK next year and would be keen to get one but it appears only the STI variant is available there. 

Does anyone know of any imports or plans to sell the wrx in the uk in the future?  

Thanks

On 24/12/2016 at 0:44 PM, kershaw-330s said:

I'm not positive but I think the wrx is available for the British market

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

No such thing as a UK wrx post hatch. There's an impreza which is non turbo or wrx sti.

Yes, Subaru have really done a number on their model range now.

So 5 years ago, you got Impreza and Legacy. Now they produce Impreza, WRX STi, Levorg & Legacy.

As I understand, the Legacy has grown to huge dimensions and therefore, Subaru have decided it can't be sold here for whatever reason they have. But it is a monster of a size. The Levorg has taken over the Legacy spot here in the UK and is about the same size as the Legacy of 5 years ago. The WRX STi is on the same platform as the Levorg.

The Impreza is a completely different platform and is smaller.