2010 WRX-S Cobra Exhaust

Hi everyone, today I fitted a Cobra cat-back non-resonated exhaust to my 2010 WRX-S. It was a real simple swap and completely changes the way the car sounds, IMO I think it now sounds as a Subaru should!

5 minutes ago, aucky said:

Centre section n back box will fit mate.i fitted a wrx centre n back box on my 2l sport blobeye

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Brilliant - cheaper than the other I was looking at and made in UK

31 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Brilliant - cheaper than the other I was looking at and made in UK

if you order it from their site they will sort the right one for your car anyway,what one was you looking at?

Yeah I'm very happy with it, guessing it gets slightly louder as the carbon builds up... which I wouldn't complain about!

Can't fault cobra, however I bought it through GNJ motorsport as it saved me £50 :biggrin:

8 hours ago, Jamie_uk said:

Been looking at this exhaust for a while but wasn't sure how it would sound. it sounds great just what I'm after, first good video I have seen for one. I'm sold on it 

I would definitely recommend it - I was worried at first about it sounding too loud... but it doesn't and there is no drone on the motorway so it's perfect. 

Also extremely easy to fit, took about an hour

Great thanks that was the main thing holding me off and looking towards the resonated one but I couldn't get a vid to show how loud it was didn't wanna take the dive to find out one was ridiculously loud and the other no different to standard. Mine will need replacing this year anyway pipe is corrorded badly. 

I can say the resonated one isn't overly loud and doesn't drone at motorway speeds, people tell me mine makes a nice note but never heard it myself.

I'll attach the go pro to the bumper and do a vud tomorrow morning for you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 hours ago, stants said:

I can say the resonated one isn't overly loud and doesn't drone at motorway speeds, people tell me mine makes a nice note but never heard it myself.

I'll attach the go pro to the bumper and do a vud tomorrow morning for you

thanks mate appreciate it.   shame cobra havent got some good comparison videos on their site.  hoping to hear some nice noise but dont wanna drive round with loads of noise without the poke. 

On 28/01/2017 at 6:43 PM, aucky said:

if you order it from their site they will sort the right one for your car anyway,what one was you looking at?

cant decide resonated vs non resonated cat back system, I was tempted to go up there and check out a sports cat replacement but I will see what the emissions result is and condition when it goes in for MOT next week

1 hour ago, Jamie_uk said:

thanks mate appreciate it.   shame cobra havent got some good comparison videos on their site.  hoping to hear some nice noise but dont wanna drive round with loads of noise without the poke. 

They have some comparison videos on the site, just not in the same video segment

On 1/28/2017 at 5:57 PM, aucky said:

Good to see you got sorted mate and its how you hoped it would be.sounds good emoji106.png

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help before I bought the exhaust btw :thumbup:

2 hours ago, stants said:

Jay, my sports cat from them has struggled to pass before, not sure if they do a higher cel count cat now ?

ahhh I will raise that with them then if needs be - cant see the point if they dont work as they should do - particularly as it is not a cheap piece of kit. It wasnt for any performance gain as its an NA car but more for it being stainless steel (shiny object :Jumpy:)

Indeed,

when mines really hot it's OK,

Found receipt for my system the other day and nearly fell over, the quality of the workmanship is good and the whole process was easy, I went in on the morning and by dinner time they'd made the system from scratch 🖒

6 hours ago, stants said:

Jay, my sports cat from them has struggled to pass before, not sure if they do a higher cel count cat now ?

I had a sport cat from them on a 2l sport blob never had a problem with mot,that was 2 year ago.but maybe the older sports cats will struggle now with emission rules getting tighter.