Advice please

Coley

Hi all.

First of all I'm new here and would really like my question answered if that's not a problem.

I have owned a impreza GB270 now since November and I love it up to yet. But something has been bugging me since owning it. When driving I don't get that turbo spool noise sort of like a jet noise if you understand me and wanted to know why this is? I've owned a focus St and megane sport before the Scooby and they both got that noise. To me it doesn't seem right with the Scooby or is this normal? My brother had a bug-eye sti imported from Japan it was was completely standard but it still had that whistle noise and felt much faster to be honest. My gb270 has got a nur spec r exhaust system and I've removed the snorkus but still the same. Everything else is standard on the car, any advice is appreciated.

Does it? 

I did try a friend's k&n cone filter on mine I put it straight onto the pipe that goes to the air box. Went for a drive and still didn't make much of a difference to be honest. Obviously got the air sucking noise then when changing gears got a bit of a terrible sounding dump valve noise, well more like a wet !Removed! noise. 

I honestly hear nothing that's why I joined here for advice. I wasn't sure if it's a normal thing on these models and if it was silenced some how. I have also noticed on it that the actuator has no threads left on the rod so it's been made as tight as possible by the previous owner or can they not be adjusted on these cars and it's basically made to suit and that's it if you know what I mean? 

Are you feeling a surge under acceleration, do you have a boost gauge, is it registering anything? it should be noticeable - if not it might be that your turbo is just free-wheeling with the actuator holding the bypass open?

Yes I will post a picture up of it.

I did fit a boost gauge due to me thinking something wasn't right. On full boost it gets about 13-14psi is this right? I have noticed when in 3rd gear I put foot to the floor and the gauge shoots up to around 15-16psi then instantly drops back down to around 13-14psi.