Help with paintwork...

Silverscooby

I'd like some advise on getting my Scoobs in a tip top condition.

There are a number of stone chips on the bonnet that have been painted in (before I got it)

And two small areas where the laquer has worn.

I also need one alloy touched up.

All these can be done by Chips away, but what would the finish be like? vid looks proffessional...

There is four or five stone chips on the bonnet that bug me, but would it be cost effective to have a bonnet re spray?

Then there is the worry the paint wont quite match..

Advise please...  Thanks.. 

Found a few stone chips in the bonnet when I was detailing the other week - The paint and lacquer doesnt seem that thick so my plan was to have the whole bonnet done and have a couple of decent coats of lacquer to try and maintain the look once finished.

I have seen chips away work before and the colour match was fine - although that was on a Ford

It should be said though whilst Im not classed as OCD - when it comes to my cars and bikes I am a little bit on the fussy side ahem :rolleyes: and things do bug me if not right

If your paying a company to respray it, they will match is as close to what your eye's can tell. But not sure what the cost would be, not cheap when I asked about having a keyscratch removed :(

And with the alloy if it's not to bad try get some matching paint alloy filler and spray a bit of the piant in the lid and touch up with a brush. Mine need to be taken off and a full powder coating/refurb :( there bad. But will get it done soon as there OZ Prodrive alloy's so think it will be worth paying to have them done. £45 to have tyre's taken off few day's with no alloy's £140 to have them done. It's the few day's of not being able to drive her I can't stand :)

I know a lot of people have started to have the bonnet's or roof wrapped which could be a cheaper option maybe. My friend's Golf looked smart after having it done. And it didn't look like a big sticker had been put there :)