What parts should I buy?

Stefwrx

Hi every1. I've got a 2004 wrx that I want to stage 2 tune. Tried reading up on what upgrades I need but there is so much conflicting info on so many different threads. The car came with an sti tmic and a cat back stainless exhaust and ive got a stage 1 map last month. Ive been looking online at various parts but prices vary massively for what appears to be very similar parts. Any advice would be appreciated. 

I still don't get this whole satge this or that lol

After doing decat, panel filter and map, your then into the more expensive side of things, turbo will need to be changed, will need a fuel pump, and possibly injectors.

Do you have a budget in mind?

@tidgy 🤣

Unfortunately you have revo and all the rest of the vag tuners to thank for that,

Op as tidgy says you need to decide what power and outcome you want from the car, then go form there, 99% Of subaru tuners offer bespoke mapping to take into account the rest of the supporting mods, it's only really the places that offer flash mapping to the likes of ford/vag products that call them 'stage' tunes as normally you just buy and bolt on parts etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I got a map at Alan Jeffery which was referred to as a stage 1 tune. He got it to 275bhp. I asked what my next options were and got told a stage 2. This would include a t16 turbo, injectors, fuel pump, up pipe, turbo back exhaust and another map. This would get me around 330bhp and cost 2500. Is this correct. R there other options? Does a turbo have to cost a grand? I know nothing about imprezas and have never owned a turbo car. It seems like I can source the parts myself and they all just bolt on then pay for the map at the end

All sounds about right. I had mine mapped at the same place. They never called it 'stage 1' or 'stage 2'. Yes you can get the parts yourself, and yes you could get a cheaper turbo or maybe a secondhand one, but why risk it?? Injectors are around £500, fuel pump £150 ish, so £2500 sounds about right. I've been thinking about doing all this myself (my WRX was mapped to 285) but I wondered if the extra 30 or so bhp was worth the extra cost and the extra strain on the gearbox. Real world 0-60, might gain half a second, if lucky (imo). So I will stick to what it is and hope that the car stays reliable. TBH if I start chasing 350+ bhp then I think I'll trade in and get an sti.