new boy

NigelB

Hi Folks, just joined as I have decided to get back into a subaru after 6 years.  Forgotten how good they were.  I had a 59 plate new shape legacy navplus diesel from new in 2009, had it for 2 years till the global crash caught up with me!  Sensational car....everything about it was wonderful!  I have always loved to tinker, engine swaps on various things in the past and looking for a project.  I have my eyes on an 06 Outback 3.0 on LPG that has a misfire on one cylinder, or an 07 2.5 legacy that doesn't need much work on it.  Any advice out there on how serious H6 misfires can be?  would love to rescue it and nurse it back to health...... 

Nigel

Wotcha and welcome - the tech you are looking at is pretty straight forward so given your previous engine swap project approaches I dont think you will have an issue - however if you get the other one you could spend more time driving it

• Like 1

Could just be as simple as the leads? Mine (2001) was misfiring after I bent one trying to take out plugs without removing the air box etc. As a 2.5 NA owner I would love a bigger engine with lpg.

A delivery driver I know uses a 2.0 uk2000 with lpg and it he says cost wise it's about the same as his old Astra turbo diesel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks folks, nice to know it may not be a stupid move to go for the project!  As you say though Jay762 I may not get as much driving time in!  I used to have a 2.5 V6 Galant estate on LPG Mark and it returned the financial equivalent of 40 mpg!   I do love the sound of a 6 pot, V or H, think I am coming down in favour of the 3.0 LPG!  Are parts easy to get hold of without going to Subaru?

People on here usually use importcarparts.com

In Norfolk there is a Subaru car breakers who sometimes have parts on eBay and so I guess if you need a part they could put a listing up for you to buy and they could post to you but I'm only guessing as they are quite close I just go down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark, I am not far from Norwich, near Stowmarket.  Where are these breakers?  I may have to visit as I did the deed last night and bought the 3.0 LPG project!  getting it delivered from Bristol to Suffolk on Thursday for only £240.  Really looking forward to getting stuck in!

I've got a few spares kicking about but they're all from gc8 ej20's (2ltr turbo imprezas) and unfortunately most engine components are different between the 2ltr turbo and 3ltr na .

The 3ltr h6 is normally a reliable lump ,so hopefully the new motor will only have a minor serviceable misfire .

Don't forget to post some pics once it's here 👍

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk