Fuel Pumps, E85?

Seminole81

Right, so looking at new pumps, again, and tempted to see about getting something that can support E85...or am I wasting my time with the lack of it in the UK (is it even sold here?). Been reading up on it and saw some ridiculous numbers on the stock turbo 😬 Basically got it narrowed down to the following (have to say the AEM is tempting to try) non E85 compaitables...AEM and Walbro both do a E85 compatible version with the AEM coming in at £112.

Walbro 255lph (£75):

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/fuel-pumps/walbro-gss342-high-pressure-fuel-pump

AEM 320lph (£88):

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/fuel-pumps/aem-electronics-320lph-high-flow-in-tank-fuel-pump

RCM 340lph (£114):

http://rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/store/product/24-rcm-uprated-fuel-pump-1992-2008

Help? Thoughts? Suggestions?

1 hour ago, Sandals said:

I'm not aware of anywhere in the UK that sells E85 yet...

Apparently Morrison's sold it, but not anymore? It's never taken off here apparently. It's everywhere in Sweden I've heard.

Think I might of got a cracking deal on a Walbro unit from a legit place. £60 new.

I'm not aware of anywhere in the UK that sells E85 yet...

Apparently Morrison's sold it, but not anymore? It's never taken off here apparently. It's everywhere in Sweden I've heard.

Think I might of got a cracking deal on a Walbro unit from a legit place. £60 new.

Pointless getting an e85 pump because you would probably have to change injectors and lines too , and a barrel of e85 race fuel is about £5 a Ltr and your going to burn it about 30% more than regular fuel , could be worth it but an expensive hobby

1 hour ago, kershaw-330s said:

Pointless getting an e85 pump because you would probably have to change injectors and lines too , and a barrel of e85 race fuel is about £5 a Ltr and your going to burn it about 30% more than regular fuel , could be worth it but an expensive hobby

From what I've read, injectors (to  compensate for the extra fuel output) and pump are the only things needing changed. Someone made something ridiculous like 356whp and over 400lbs of torque on basic mods (pump, injectors, exhaust with decat basically). It was just an idea, and it's a flex fuel pump so it can take either ethanol or pump fuel. You could have 2 tunes done, one on pump fuel one on ethanol and only use ethanol at a track, which would keep your costs down. Worth an extra £30? Probably. However, if I can get this pump for £60, then is it worth the extra £70? No probably not. Would just upgrade if I ever decided to go down that route.