Time for a change

Tidgy

so with a bit of sadness i've decided to sell on the type R, need to free up some cash so it has to go :(

After a bit of discussion both the Hawk and the Type R are going and I'm replacing it with a single car. To that end gonna be buying a new car, well new to me. I learnt my lesson so don;t be daft, of course im not gonna go scoobless hahaha

After a bit of discussion i ended up witha  choice of 3, a modified hawk STI in WR blue, an RB320 and what was thought to be a spec D. 

Blue sti was nice, but wasn't that enthused by it (nice tidy car though) which is strange given the mods it had (decent suspension mods, mapped, decent brakes etc) and how tidy it was.

RB320 had literally just arrived and had been in storage so was a tad rough around the edges. All that would have been sorted but I still can't get over the extra 6k price for whats some badges and bilstein shocks, yeah i know leather but not mentioning that will make sence below)

Spec D, but a tad strange. It looks on the face of it to be a Spec D, leather seats, fog lights, silver wheels, front fogs etc but some differences which look very OEM rather than mods.

After much deliberation i decided to go for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Drum roll,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Spec D, and this is where it gets strange. It isn't quite right for a spec D,

First thing was the spoiler, it's not a wrx spoiler which was on the spec D, its an A line spoiler (pic below is just one that shows the spoiler)

2007-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-limited-volt

The centre console is black (i thought just sprayed till i noticed the dials were black as well), then with a bit of digging realised it was an S204 centre console

rst660xf.jpg

Additionaly the calipers were black. So these are pretty minor to be fair and things someone could have easily moded, so we guessed that was it was untill i checked the vin plate. Applied model code doesn't come back as a UK sti or a spec D, comes back as a hatch WRX, colour code is def not a spec D should be 48W but its 01G, engine code is differen't and gearbox code is different and comes back from a hatch STI. So straight away alarm bells started ringing and i wondered if it was a ringer.

I decided to try the old google, with no joy, AM code didnt show up anywhere and after speaking to a few friends one managed to run the AM and thats when it came back with the hatch. Decided to post up on Type-ra to see if they could run the vin but before that low an behold some one posted up with the answer. I hadn;t put in about the black calipers and they asked if it had black calipers and if so they could tell me what it was.

Sure enough proved to be correct and it's been identified as a very rare one of 25 Euro spec STI Limited's that were brought in by Cheam motors who were a subaru dealer back at the time. Most were left hand drive but 25 were right hand drive for the UK.

http://www.subaru-impreza.de/Sonderserien/_Generation2/LimitedCH07/index.htm

A thread did pop up on SN many years back when someone bought one, https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/874113-impreza-sti-limited-pic-heavy.html

Having a few suspension bits fitted including a set of the new widetrack fitment pedders and hopefully picking it up in a couple of weeks depending on how busy the workshop is and when they can fit it in. i'll get some more pics up asap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, savage bulldogs said:

Nice choice chap emoji41.png

Did they find the misfire issue's on the type r and if so do you have a price in mind ?

As i know someone who's after a decent classic , pm me a price if you like emoji6.png

It's already gone I'm afraid chap. Will be back up for sale at some point, not sure what spec it will be in though, may get returned to stock or sold as is. I'll let you know when i hear whats what.

Yeah was all sorted in the end, duff throttle position sensor and a duff ignition leed so nothing too major in the end. A couple of the small number of parts from the original engine that were still in the bay lol

• Like 1