Project Cars thread.

Ash007ks

Hi all, just thought I would dedicate a thread towards anyone building a project car.

Well here goes, what you see below is my 3 years transformation from wreck to super fast.

The car in question is an original Fiesta RS turbo in Ash Black, started life as H2RST, and was owned by a few people, ended up as a chavs wet dream and this is where my story with it unfolds, I had a mint Shell of a mk 3.5 fiesta SI 1.6 but I had out grown the engine and it was at its limits even with a chip it was only running around 110bhp, this is when I decided to do an engine conversion, I research all the methods of turbo'ing my engine but figures wasn't great and the cost was even worse, while dreaming on piston heads I came across the said Fiesta Rs in its very sorry state,Turbo, lowered, alloy wheels, Recaros all stood out to me, but something about the car just didn't add up, so off I trotted 2/5 hrs later I arrived in Birmingham, the lock had been pulled off, the car was keyed, it even came with a novelty postcode etched in the bonnet, but all I cared about was the engine and the recaro's.

The engine didn't want to turn over full stop, so I left, I messaged the lady saying I would give £800 for the car as at worst I could make it back in parts alone, a deal was struck for £950 and recovery was arranged.

40 mins of looking the car over I noticed that the car had a manual fuel pump switch and a faulty batter, these were swapped and the car Roared to life.

Well enough of the chit chat.

spec as follows:

Full EBC drilled and grooved discs
EBC race pads
Full stage 2 radiator
Stage 2 front mount intercooler
Coilovers all round
Stripped back seats out
Cobra Racing harnesses
Front Strut brace
T3/34 Stage 3 turbo Technics Cosworth hybrid
Custom Stainless Exhaust and Down pipe
Aftermarket Stainless Fuel Pressure Regulator
turbo Cooler
Full Stage 3 Custom Map
Hertz Component Speakers
Alpine Headunit
Bad Boy bonnet (love it or hate it )
Boost gauge and voltmeter in Carbon Pod
Stainless Braided Fuel Lines
Changes to front bumper wink1.gif revealed soon
Uprated Fan Switch and Custom fan
K&N Air filter with custom pipe work
Abs Taken off with custom brake lines fitted.
And loads of other tiny bits and bobs. but Alas a picture paints a thousand words.

a few without the bumper on.

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Thanks for looking.

please post your projects.

while the turbo is bedding in ive had the boost turned down to minimum, so around 200bhp at the moment, and its a complete animal at handling, no power steering and no ABS, so if you make a mistake you have to basically react fast or crash :) , im doing it up to be a 0-60 and show car though so handling etc was really a big issue.

They are getting rare, I witnessed one in black like mine sell for 12k on eBay, it was concourse and the black was an optional extra like mine, however as most of the boy racers of this era are unaware of what it is many car have ended up embarrassed, especially evo's and Scooby drivers.

I agree I was watching one on eBay that was found in a barn in Germany and brought back here had 60miles on the clock that was it. this couple had bought at auction a country farm house with land, they went to a barn that was there to look inside nobody had been there for year's and had to cut the lock inside was 20+ cars all wrapped up inc this RS. Last time I looked it was at 22k :blink: But if I had the money and bought it I would feel guilty to even drive it it looked stunning not touched or modded  

Here's my baby ιts a 1994 pug 306 s16

Basically fully track prepped!! Running around 200

When I get a chance ill do a more detailed write up, on my phone at the mo! I was using her as a daily lol! But getting a bit long in the tooth to climb in ɑnd out of a caged car every morning/evening, lol so I got the scooby as a sensible car! Least that's what I told her lol

Peace!!

post-1367-0-66180100-1378756271_thumb.jp

post-1367-0-82089000-1378756343_thumb.jp

post-1367-0-55301200-1378756366_thumb.jp

post-1367-0-01011800-1378756399_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I like it but agree climbing over the roll cage with my milkshake and big mac at dinner time I think I'd rather just eat in :D But can't beat the fun you can have in the hatchbacks. Well until it snow's and then it's just all fun in the Subaru ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

loving the rs fella used to have a brodie tuned Renault 5 turbo back in the day and you shouldn't under estimate a small car with boost lol

this was my previous project 3ltr v6 omega powered Vectra not very quick off the mark but pulled nicely on the carriage way

Photo0239-1.jpg

Photo0254.jpg

my mate is well into his vdubs and owns a few nice projects 1800t 4x4 mk2 golf syncro and a 4x4 mk1 golf with a blown forged vr6 lump I'll dig out some pics of those over the weekend

It's not anywhere near as modded as ash's rs , nice work bud

I can understand why not many like the vectra lol bit of a common (rep mobile) car but with 2 kids and loads of electrics and leather seemed like a good idea .The 3ltr 24v v6 sounded sweet with the remus zorst and the next stage was gonna be a rotrex super charger , but I got stuck in the snow and decided instead of chucking more money at it to get a scoob and go 4x4 .

Anyways here's a couple of pics of my mates (sleeper) mk1 4x4 golf I don't know the full spec

Vr6 engine forged and bored to 3ltr

1000cc injectors

Gt350rr turbo (hybrid)

Twin dump valves

Side exit exhausts

Straight cut gear box

60360F20-orig.jpg

67767FB7-orig.jpg

And here's the results off the dyno @ the wheels

95356C68-orig.jpg

• Like 1

I do like the Vectra's shape and when I had a project corsa with a redtop I was offered that model as a swap. Thanks for the words mate :) always wanted a Renault 5 but the price compared to what I got the Rs for was what sealed the deal in the End.

Looks like the rs was to good a bargain to turn down fella

The renny 5 was serious (torque steering) fun but, not the most reliable bit of machinery I've ever owned lol .

As for the mk1 golf he converted that to awd himself ,it's off the road at the moment though as he's trying to calibrate the different cam sensor position on the new ecu .

His mk2 golf is nearly there though that's awd running a forged 18t audi engine , he does love a vdub and keeps saying that my flat four should be in the back lol

• Like 1

i'd love to build myself something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5YvxmVyrxc&ytsession=MKhwjBZkZLYcefIW5W7abd8s1M_hpoM1xCSHlGWN4_4CJTqdvyKF4ESYR9ON6fDyeitgcMh_X_i_jFSi0GtY165iOqzy-q1eSAHUWcLJp7pu-dk4Ypu-fNCZgBvFyDlI4womwagLpsERRqKxstIoXkR78e-dMcW-IGQNeUQE2kCc63YkJIy6Qy22X1k4tLJdZwM2yyG-JKZpUyUy75kUcII-YgzXYvW14aLSgX31pceGYTzM6ocaYjcUUTBOpPBDa3afTH2ztNCEczT_-jQAFfJLnpoZ0KqFkYTsonEBDLOfrRKwPOLJRxmnmmDa-6bAgbh4GGdL9A8yHIy3PVvdtARQXXtRAX5z0G4II3CWTv0M_FJIbGBuQzofnAFYKAjf8cCaaIhkg3uIRQFrWTUwP6YkbssEFDuH66O95wgFPRhaD7w5DqUMJisuKfMWu7jkuE74irILrS0yWZIXOaSQYP7Kg4cn2xpAe5LCe-cGnD5e9KJUkhRBwsyLejkeYbTedws6zmLN8dpm8PyvZwdaQvAgPbw-183-Jew4xFZStm5GnVWhTSm02KHDhQeEdzsO7asUO08fOnJY08ma5YNbNwTqK6Gl3nDqTeiLC0iecGVxwlm99sqxH5hsfBf61FOPvp2hypHK6r1u5sshsGQtxKWfKwaLixJP2Cv9E0kFivN482vyRWIBdy_KKdhagDAQtpeP6_0-uG9Rkrde_UsETowZvH4pxHnRqAKcJz_E2VyMZcr-BRVMTqkPd4CwKM8wn9r4EG0BzI7QPBuCvufsYmEJG1oPJV7Bcc9BN2oR4YjIgrYaGubSC5ZtYaXyrPIdFtiB5LPR6rWTzvKXzOAaydhbSb86Tseh&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dc5YvxmVyrxc%26ytsession%3DMKhwjBZkZLYcefIW5W7abd8s1M_hpoM1xCSHlGWN4_4CJTqdvyKF4ESYR9ON6fDyeitgcMh_X_i_jFSi0GtY165iOqzy-q1eSAHUWcLJp7pu-dk4Ypu-fNCZgBvFyDlI4womwagLpsERRqKxstIoXkR78e-dMcW-IGQNeUQE2kCc63YkJIy6Qy22X1k4tLJdZwM2yyG-JKZpUyUy75kUcII-YgzXYvW14aLSgX31pceGYTzM6ocaYjcUUTBOpPBDa3afTH2ztNCEczT_-jQAFfJLnpoZ0KqFkYTsonEBDLOfrRKwPOLJRxmnmmDa-6bAgbh4GGdL9A8yHIy3PVvdtARQXXtRAX5z0G4II3CWTv0M_FJIbGBuQzofnAFYKAjf8cCaaIhkg3uIRQFrWTUwP6YkbssEFDuH66O95wgFPRhaD7w5DqUMJisuKfMWu7jkuE74irILrS0yWZIXOaSQYP7Kg4cn2xpAe5LCe-cGnD5e9KJUkhRBwsyLejkeYbTedws6zmLN8dpm8PyvZwdaQvAgPbw-183-Jew4xFZStm5GnVWhTSm02KHDhQeEdzsO7asUO08fOnJY08ma5YNbNwTqK6Gl3nDqTeiLC0iecGVxwlm99sqxH5hsfBf61FOPvp2hypHK6r1u5sshsGQtxKWfKwaLixJP2Cv9E0kFivN482vyRWIBdy_KKdhagDAQtpeP6_0-uG9Rkrde_UsETowZvH4pxHnRqAKcJz_E2VyMZcr-BRVMTqkPd4CwKM8wn9r4EG0BzI7QPBuCvufsYmEJG1oPJV7Bcc9BN2oR4YjIgrYaGubSC5ZtYaXyrPIdFtiB5LPR6rWTzvKXzOAaydhbSb86Tseh&has_verified=1