Cherished Number Plate W44 SUB

I have W44 SUB from my old Legacy on a retention certificate and am keen to sell it.   It has about 8 1/2 years left on retention.    I had tried to sell it for just over £300 a little while back, but am happy to take £250.  My brother first had the plate telling me how the W44 stood for 'wheels 4 by 4' - so I hope some other four wheel drive Subaru drivers out there fancy this plate!!  (I don't have the actual old plates, just the retention certificate which I can post special delivery at no extra cost.).  DSC01210.thumb.JPG.583b8238a55e1c412898770e8791f59f.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm interested in the plate as you say it's from an old legacy but unless this plate is one of the pre suffix registrations the oldest car it can be applied to is w reg. Year 2000? Can you confirm the ages of vehicle that this plate can be put onto?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm interested in the plate as you say it's from an old legacy but unless this plate is one of the pre suffix registrations the oldest car it can be applied to is w reg. Year 2000? Can you confirm the ages of vehicle that this plate can be put onto?

You can put a private number plate onto any vehicle so long as you are not making it look newer than it is. Therefore this plate can go onto an 02 plate car but cannot go onto an R reg car...... as far as I know if your vehicle is a W reg then you can put a W reg private plate on it and the date of the issue in the year is not important as it remains a W reg
Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You can put a private number plate onto any vehicle so long as you are not making it look newer than it is. Therefore this plate can go onto an 02 plate car but cannot go onto an R reg car...... as far as I know if your vehicle is a W reg then you can put a W reg private plate on it and the date of the issue in the year is not important as it remains a W reg
Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I meant. Not exactly from an old legacy then?!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Dear All, I am so sorry for not responding sooner.  I must have the settings set incorrectly as I didn't know anybody had replied.    Thank you for the interest and suggestions.   If any of you are still interested, the registration is still for sale and it would be good to hear from you.     My apologies for using the wrong jargon referring to the Legacy as 'old' - that was my term for it being my old car!!