whats peoples thoughts on lowering

mel57car

20-30mm drop is a nice balance between looks and ride height, lower you go the firmer the ride will have be so the suspension doesn't bottom out.

Personaly i'd drop it on lowering springs, eibaches or tiens are pretty good.

I lowered my old celica on eibachs, worst mod I did to that car.  It wore the  tyres on the inside I think? It changed the steering a bit, and made it a bit harsh over bumpy roads, not too bad though.

I think personally, that if you are going to lower, do the whole package not just springs, you need to be able to adjust camber etc to compensate and stop uneven wear on the tyres.

For my current car I dont want to lower it much but want to improve the ride, so am looking at koni adjustable shocks and some springs, not sure which ones yet.

10 hours ago, Martian said:

I lowered my old celica on eibachs, worst mod I did to that car.  It wore the  tyres on the inside I think? It changed the steering a bit, and made it a bit harsh over bumpy roads, not too bad though.

I think personally, that if you are going to lower, do the whole package not just springs, you need to be able to adjust camber etc to compensate and stop uneven wear on the tyres.

For my current car I dont want to lower it much but want to improve the ride, so am looking at koni adjustable shocks and some springs, not sure which ones yet.

Sounds like celica doesnt like just having springs. with a geo setup they work fine on scoobs.

I;ve got a full set of pedders on mine but not sure if they do a wagon version or not yet?

Sounds like celica doesnt like just having springs. with a geo setup they work fine on scoobs.

Quite possibly because its already quite a low car...

It made the steering all twitchy and the tyres wear unevenly. A bad experience that im wary of repeating.

1 hour ago, Martian said:

Quite possibly because its already quite a low car...

It made the steering all twitchy and the tyres wear unevenly. A bad experience that im wary of repeating.

yeah def sounds like it throws out the geom on them.