Sensors

Scooby snigs

Hi could anyone advise. I have recently had the aa out to my imprezza 2.0l sport 1999 due to "check engine" light flickering .the aa chap said it was recording intake air temp sensor fault , I have changed the sensor for a s/h one but the "check engine" light is still coming on intermittently. Don't want to pay dealer price for a brand new sensor if it could be a wiring breaking down .anyone help?please

Hi could anyone advise. I have recently had the aa out to my imprezza 2.0l sport 1999 due to "check engine" light flickering .the aa chap said it was recording intake air temp sensor fault , I have changed the sensor for a s/h one but the "check engine" light is still coming on intermittently. Don't want to pay dealer price for a brand new sensor if it could be a wiring breaking down .anyone help?please
Have you reset the edu to clear the codes ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Sounds like misfire warning to me as repeat issue would have the money light on always, check ignition leads, plugs and coil pack and replace leads/plugs if old or suspect issue found . knock sensor is another one for intermittent blinking money light on subarus .