90K Subaru XV

marcothio

Well, I passed the 90k mark this week and thought I’d share my experiences over the last 45K since Feb 2016. It started a bit rough with a burned out clutch, luckily replaced under warranty (around 49K). As it’s a manual, i started driving more clutch-wary, putting it in manual during stops etc. So far no problems.

Other than the clutch, both brakes have been replaced (front around 60k, rear around 80k) and new tyres fitted (at 52k) and serviced at the dealer a bit ahead of the schedule.

I am extremely pleased with this now nearly 6 year old car, both on the road and occasional off road. I drove a CRV the other day and, albeit newer and fancier, it just didn’t feel as planted as the XV. Mileage remains at 54 on highway, lower 40 on B roads. 

I usually drive my cars until up to high mileage (last car did 300K km), so let’s see how far the scoobie will go! 

Wishing all fellow XV’ers many happy miles!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, marcothio said:

Well, I passed the 90k mark this week and thought I’d share my experiences over the last 45K since Feb 2016. It started a bit rough with a burned out clutch, luckily replaced under warranty (around 49K). As it’s a manual, i started driving more clutch-wary, putting it in manual during stops etc. So far no problems.

Other than the clutch, both brakes have been replaced (front around 60k, rear around 80k) and new tyres fitted (at 52k) and serviced at the dealer a bit ahead of the schedule.

I am extremely pleased with this now nearly 6 year old car, both on the road and occasional off road. I drove a CRV the other day and, albeit newer and fancier, it just didn’t feel as planted as the XV. Mileage remains at 54 on highway, lower 40 on B roads. 

I usually drive my cars until up to high mileage (last car did 300K km), so let’s see how far the scoobie will go! 

Wishing all fellow XV’ers many happy miles!

I always rev maych mine when down shifting, take it out of gear when stationary, take foot off clutch and try not to rest hahd in gear stick. 

If it’s like the Hondas then the cruise control uses the clutch also so just in case I avoid using cruise control, especially when towing its like I don’t use hill start assist when towing either. Mine has done 68k and I tow a 1.5t caravan, total train weight of 3.4t and the clutch has faired up well so far, dealer reckons clutch is fine, hoping it stays that way at £1800 to replace including dual mass flywheel.