Hoping to be an owner very soon - is this too good to be true?

CJMC

Hi All, 

Amazing forum here! hoping to join the club very soon! 

Been doing a lot of searching round this site and there are some awesome guides out there, also it appears that the hatchback is the 'love it or hate it camp'.... i am in the former, think they look ace, and they also pass the Mrs test! I have seen this, recent new clutch, FSH, and 3 owners.... seems extremely cheap to me, is there something i am not seeing? hoping to see it at the weekend all being well... 

https://www.car-provider.co.uk/used-subaru-impreza-leicester-leicestershire-1544085

any help would be hugely appreciated! 

Hey

The price is stated that the car is sold as spares or repairs
It’s also only a wrx so for a 2007-2008 it’s around right price

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick response, a lot of the WRX that year i have seen are £5k+ hence why i thought it was cheap... however completely new to the Subaru world... 

He mentioned that they put that as a 'sold as seen' disclaimer, doesn't come with warranty... they also charge £199 admin fee which i found a bit odd... 

I did look at the sti hatches but cant stretch that far, this is going to be a second car.... 

Can they offer finance on a car that is technically not being sold as a road worthy car?

Keen to know any legality behind it. One of those my mate said that he's got a mate in fanance that once spoke to the owner of a salami stand who once owned a mouse trap and he got told that they can only offer finance on a car that will outlive it's financed term? Almost offering its own guarantee. Something like that.

Hey Scoobyghost... Good point re finance will ask about that, it has just passed its MOT so it's roadworthy have seen a few ads on eBay/autotrader where they don't offer warranty... Usually down to the age/mileage of the motor.... 

Have asked for pics of the engine as there isn't any... It's so much cheaper than all the others out there which is putting me a bit on edge. I now want a Scooby though.... Convinced myself! Is there a hatch specific buying guide on here or is it all pretty similar? 

Cheers

Craig 

🤣 good point... What are the key things I am looking for? Sorry for all the questions but I have been an Audi boy for years... So all new to me this! If it was 5k prob wouldn't be asking any questions 😆😆

My warning radar has gone off like a train at that price, 5k with 110k miles on is the cheapest on trader so its a good £1500, very similar car is up at around £6k. Why is the car £2k under value? If there was nothing majorly wrong dealer would put it right and sell it for double the price.

i suspect its got with headgasket failure or using oil so dropped a ring land and dealer is trying to offload it

3 hours ago, Tidgy said:

My warning radar has gone off like a train at that price, 5k with 110k miles on is the cheapest on trader so its a good £1500, very similar car is up at around £6k. Why is the car £2k under value? If there was nothing majorly wrong dealer would put it right and sell it for double the price.

i suspect its got with headgasket failure or using oil so dropped a ring land and dealer is trying to offload it

absolutely agree mate hence me wanting back up opinions, sounded far too good to be true ... I have asked for engine bay pics and nothing yet.... its one of those dealers "just come up and view it mate, its an amazing machine... it will be gone by the weekend" .... 

looks like the search continues! 

3 hours ago, Tidgy said:

good choice to dodge it

i think you are right mate... too good to be true, now back to eBay and autotrader... surprised at the power of the hatch, htought it would be a lot faster for a 2.5 turbo lump... not much different to my Sportback aka Family Wagon ... i assume it has massive tuning potential?

What shoudl i be looking out for with mileage of 100k + (or questions to ask?) ie any major services, key things that should of been replaced etc... got it in my head i want a Scooby now! some great looking ones on here.... 

service history, cambelt and pulley change. If it has not been done budget for a new fuel pump, often overlooked.
Ah good shout. Cheers mate very helpful.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk