A sad day

Good Morning fellow Scooby lovers.

I am Baz and I’ve just joined your forum today.

i have already posted this but think it might be in the wrong forum so apologies 

as meny people who join I am after a bit of advice.

i am the proud owner of a 1997 Impreza type R V5 in black with gold wheels.

i bought her in 2008 and I am the 1st uk owner after her being imported.

the only modifications she has is a upgraded exhaust, fuel pump and a dump valve.

she has Low miles as there have been periods of time where she has sat off the road unused.

a few months ago, while driving home in a motorway the engine started making a horrible grumbling noise, there was no hard shoulder so I sat at 60 and waited patently for the next exit.

as I got to the bottom of the next exit the inevitable happened, large pop, plume of smoke, loss of compression and the oil light came on, 

after a a swift inspection under the bonnet a hole was found at the front of the engine with prints and rods and all sorts hanging out,

my dilema is do I sell her? And what do you guys think is a reasonable price,

or is there a good place you guys know to get the replacement engine??

thanks for reading guys, any advice is appreciated 

Baz

5BBCA078-5A0F-4B2B-A1B2-C6F1B9716A9C.jpeg

BF2833B0-4DE6-4E44-A57D-6A57B37E90D1.jpeg

really depends if you want to keep it or not. If you wanna keep it then i'd look at having an engine built to go in it, a second hand engine is just that, also tryign to find the right engine will be very very difficult

Can just eco what tidgy said , as although any v3 or v4 sti engine will fit , finding a good second hand 20 yr old Subaru engine is pretty difficult.

So I'd say a rebuild would be a better option , although more costly good clean type r's are commanding good money now. 

Due to the visual damage to the block a donor block , new crank , rods , pistons ect will all be needed . So I'd expect a £4k plus price tag for a relatively standard spec rebuild .

R.m performance in Banbury could help and Mick certianly knows his Scooby engines .

What county are you in ?

• 2 weeks later...