Old WRX's never die

Dnelson

Best car I've ever owned. I've had faster cars, but none of them were also fun to drive in rain & snow. 360k from the original engine. New engine makes 360 hp and 420 lbs torque. It's a sleeper. Buries the speedo in about 14 seconds.

Got about 10k to invest. Needs a better suspension. Suggestions?

2018-07-17 15.12.59.jpg

20180717_115038.jpg

Is the new engine standard or modified? 

If your seriously considering spending 10k on mods then you could do a complete overall of the suspension. Coilovers, antirollbar bars, replace all drop links and bushings etc. Tein flex Z and miestrr and bc Coilovers all have good recommends. Let's say go all out and spend total 2.5k the other, 7.5k could be useful for forging the engine and might see u push mid to high 400s on the power

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Engine is already warmed up a little. K&N cold air kit, ETS turbo, stage 2 Cobb tuning kit, HKS exhaust w/ 4" pipe & racing muffler. That's good enough. Handling is a little rough. Original factory struts are shot. Hit a bump in a turn and the rear end kicks out. The plan is to replace/upgrade every suspension & steering component.

If it's a ej207 conversion they're good for 450hp ish . I'd recommend ditching the cob stage generic flash map and consider spending out on a suitable live mappable ecu .As that would be bespoke to your set up and safely get the most for your mods .

Suspension wise personal preference and usage plays a big part in the route and choices . 

Generally fully adjustable coilovers that are over £700 are fairly good for fast road, decent droplinks (front n rear) , rear adjustable arb , camber bolts and a anti lift kit . Will enable you to put the power down better and improve handling to a good level for a road car .

If your wanting to go low id maybe add a rollcenter correction kit to help dial out the bump steer too .

If the rest of your cash is still burning a hole in your pocket . Then sti ally wishbones and a full oe bush refresh for road use , id only say fully polly bush for track use (quite harsh for the road)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

If it's a ej207 conversion they're good for 450hp ish . I'd recommend ditching the cob stage generic flash map and consider spending out on a suitable live mappable ecu .As that would be bespoke to your set up and safely get the most for your mods .

Suspension wise personal preference and usage plays a big part in the route and choices . 

Generally fully adjustable coilovers that are over £700 are fairly good for fast road, decent droplinks (front n rear) , rear adjustable arb , camber bolts and a anti lift kit . Will enable you to put the power down better and improve handling to a good level for a road car .

If your wanting to go low id maybe add a rollcenter correction kit to help dial out the bump steer too .

If the rest of your cash is still burning a hole in your pocket . Then sti ally wishbones and a full oe bush refresh for road use , id only say fully polly bush for track use (quite harsh for the road)

I have a pair of ally wishbones if you decide to buy some for it. 

I like a nice sleeper me. 2.1 stroker will suffice. Then upgrade all the hamdling gear with what is said above. 

Wotcha and welcome - I agree with replacing the Cobb flash with a bespoke map but as for everything else, keep a camera handy and feel free to create a project thread. 😉