How many miles per gallon are you getting?

KillerShark1978

Am interested to see how many to see how many miles per gallon other are getting out of there Subaru, I feel it will make for a good comparison resource to help identify some issues of people can list there year and model, and make note of any mods which maybe relevant and give back there average MPG readings.

Year: 2009

Model: Impreza WRX-S Hatchback

MODS: Cat Back Quad Exit Exhaust System / Mapped? (unknown) / intake system standard / No other currently known mods.

MPG: 20.1 (as per screen read out on centre dash console) "seems low to me, am not not sure though? makes me think maybe there is some fault in the fuel regulation system or injectors, any feedback would be helpful"

I’m driving WRX-S like you are. Standard engine just a stainless mid section on the exhaust.

I’ll get about 28.8mpg sitting at 60-70mph, 25.5mpg at 75-80mph. Driving around the city I can get as low as 17mpg. So totally depends what you’re doing with it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DDoc said:

I’m driving WRX-S like you are. Standard engine just a stainless mid section on the exhaust.

I’ll get about 28.8mpg sitting at 60-70mph, 25.5mpg at 75-80mph. Driving around the city I can get as low as 17mpg. So totally depends what you’re doing with it. 

Is there a way to adjust the reading given in the centre console for looking at current journeys etc, because the figure I get shown is just stuck on the one setting showing "Average MPG" am not sure how far back its going even  to give me that reading, when I purchased the car a month ago it was always showing 19.8, but after servicing and a few other job, its moved up to 20.1, but in the 1.5 months I have own the car the reading has only changed the once, if there is a reset switch even that would be helpful to know.

1 hour ago, KillerShark1978 said:

Is there a way to adjust the reading given in the centre console for looking at current journeys etc, because the figure I get shown is just stuck on the one setting showing "Average MPG" am not sure how far back its going even  to give me that reading, when I purchased the car a month ago it was always showing 19.8, but after servicing and a few other job, its moved up to 20.1, but in the 1.5 months I have own the car the reading has only changed the once, if there is a reset switch even that would be helpful to know.

There is a trip A and a trip B for mileage. When you change between them/reset them to zero the mpg also changes/resets. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DDoc said:

There is a trip A and a trip B for mileage. When you change between them/reset them to zero the mpg also changes/resets. 

Nice one never realised that, I looked for some way to switch readouts when I first purchased but without any luck, I just thought maybe it just gives an average reading based on a set number of previous miles, will have to reset and recheck, am probably getting much better than 20.1 after all, car had alignment, suspension and tyre issues when purchased, god knows when it was last reset so probably  getting bad feedback from 100's of miles of irrelevant data from when been drove in bad condition by previous owner.

Forester 2.5XT 2008 auto, around 20/23 mpg generally driven briskly using the power regularly, worse in town use.

Fortunately running on LPG, currently @ 56ppl.

Near enough the same fuel consumption as the 2002 Outback H6 it replaced, that too was running on LPG.