Greetings!

MrT

Hello forum

I've never done this before but felt I would here. I've just joined this forum as I'm looking for a community of support based in the UK. I've owned multiple cars in the past, most recently 2 BP Legacies both pre & facelift 3.0 H6 models, original and Spec.B respectively. I moved away when looking for a hybrid commuter and flirting with the dark side in a Golf GTE for a year but the German had no soul and I couldn't spend a significant portion of my life in its company... I've always been a Jap cars guy, primarily Toyota in younger years thanks to parental influence but my favourites have always been Subaru's models. Unfortunately as a young man owning one was highly frowned on by insurers so I never ventured there but since growing up (on paper, a number of years ago) I've been able to rekindle that love.

I regret ever selling even the first H6 Legacy and have been skirting around the prospect of buying another BP Legacy/Outback for over a year now. So I'm looking actively and learning quickly of the short-comings of the original Boxer Diesels also, my preferred choice for the amount of miles I travel, hence joining ot seek advice from the forum.

On a personal note, I'm an Engineer, a Consultant in Aerospace and a family man. I have 3 pooches and am outnumbered 4-1 by my girls so they don't leave an excess of time for spannering or petrol head entertainment... But it doesn't stop me outright. Work/Life also doesn't leave me much other time to tinker with cars but I take any opportunity I can get.

So I just wanted to say hi and hello and I look forward to joining the community.

Hi and welcome from another newbie.

I like your choice of engine - I have to keep the costs down so I've not gone any bigger than 2.0. 

Hope you find what you're looking for and yes a Subaru has a lot of personality🙂