Sign in to follow this  

Looking to buy an XV

Firstly a big Hello to all Members on Subaru Forums. Just joined  to ask a few questions regarding my possible purchase of Subaru XV in around 7 Months time , plus need the time to get the Missus fully on board!

Our present vehicle is an Alfa Romeo Giulietta  1.4 Petrol Auto so almost as rare as seeing a Subaru on the road! We both Love the Car and it is our third one , and yes they have all been reliable . Don't do a lot of mileage say around 6000 a year bought new and will be 4 years old in October this year. Don't fancy the new Giulia/ Stelvio too big ; too expensive .

I have been hankering after an XV for some time  only ever seen  one on the road and that was a long time ago . Used to have a Suzuki Vitara a few years ago and Loved it's go anywhere ability, One Winter following some heavy Snow went out to have a play and it and it took everything i threw at it  still miss it to this day but don't miss the poor MPG. 

The XV has everything i am looking for ; unique , rugged,  reliable and go anywhere ; [ bit like the Missus ! hope she doesn't read this] anyway i have a dealer quite close to me so thinking of getting a closer look , what questions should i ask , is reliability an issue? i note the 5 yr g/t but sure i read somewhere it only covers certain items after 3 yrs is that correct?  Price wise it is a little expensive at 25 thow' but when you look at the kit it has it looks like a good deal. I had been looking at Hyundai Kona [ similar style] but wouldn't want to spend that amount on one of them , i think the Subaru is a much better vehicle.

How is the space for the driver ? i am 6'4 and always struggle in any Car , would you buy another XV or other Subaru , size wise it is ideal for both of us Love the raised height / safety / looks / fit and finish and not many of them about , the other thing is servicing is it expensive? we would be looking at keeping for five years .

Sorry for all the question but i like to do as much research as possible on any new Vehicle , it was a leap of faith getting the Alfa as many people said keep away but all 3 of them have been superb and if a new Giulietta model was due out i would definitely consider it , unfortunately nothing is on the horizon and i think i want a change. Many thanks.