New member post JDM STI Wagon 2001

Newman2213

Hello everyone

I've purchased my first Subi, its standard currently, I have plans for upgrades, got myself a reliable tuner who can write to my ECU, I'm considering De-cat largest possible stainless setup to turbo uprated fuel pump, uprated panel filter and remap. (Tuner reckons 320-350bhp) 

I'm struggling with body stiffening, i can't find any low profile under body braces for the job. (Any suggestions would be welcome)

Screenshot_20190322-140125_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190322-140138_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

Quite a rare car you've got there , as Subaru only made a few bug sti's and didn't make any sti wagons from blobeyes onwards . 

So I would advise you not to mod it to much , if you want to keep the resale value high .

I think cusco make under h and diff  braces for bugs ,rear strutt braces help but I'm unsure if saloon fit the wagon tbh .

2 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Quite a rare car you've got there , as Subaru only made a few bug sti's and didn't make any sti wagons from blobeyes onwards . 

So I would advise you not to mod it to much , if you want to keep the resale value high .

I think cusco make under h and diff  braces for bugs ,rear strutt braces help but I'm unsure if saloon fit the wagon tbh .

Thanks for the input

I am considering keeping it stock, and just replacing the items that have faded and deteriorated over time. Or some subtle upgrades like turbo refurbishment, and the other things mentioned.

Do you know any good turbo rebuilders?

It is rare but holds no real value at the moment. I can find a few stockists for parts like ICP.

It's only been in the UK 2 years and clean enough to eat off the underside.

• Like 1

Not really looked into the value of bug sti wagons tbh , just know they didn't make many and they only made them in classic n bug versions .

Think I've only ever seen 1 in the flesh before at my local tuners in Norwich 😎

By the way I'm not saying , don't modify your scoob cos it's rare ish , after all I own one of the first few v1 jdm wrx sti's ever built . I've seen standard ones leap in value lately (due to being eligible for 25yr U.S import laws) but mines far from standard , so probably worth less but it makes me smile whenever I drive it 😉

The likes of turbo dynamics or Owen developments have a very good reputation for rebuilding or upgrading turbos. 

Most of us use icp for oe stuff , too 👍